Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Approval!

I got approved on Friday for only $1k. I called afterwards and ask them to add a BT amount of $2k and CL went up to $4k. I then called back and requested to cancel the $2k BT and replace it with a BT of $3k and CL remainded the same.

I guess it is possible to get a CLI by trying to add a BT higher than your CL. I ended up canceling the BT as I didn’t need it afterwards. So my card will arrive on the mail in 5 days with a $4k CL. I did this to merge both of my cards in the future to make it a $10k Discover It CC. My goal is to have all my cards at $5k or more.

Slowly but surely.

Data pooints:

- Over 20 inquiries between all 3 bureaus in the past 24 months
- Bk d/c on 10/2010
- About 8 new accounts in the last 24 months
- Current scores in the 720s across the board
- UTL 4% on one card (BT)
- No other debt
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it Approval!

@Anonymous wrote:
I got approved on Friday for only $1k. I called afterwards and ask them to add a BT amount of $2k and CL went up to $4k. I then called back and requested to cancel the $2k BT and replace it with a BT of $3k and CL remainded the same.

I guess it is possible to get a CLI by trying to add a BT higher than your CL. I ended up canceling the BT as I didn’t need it afterwards. So my card will arrive on the mail in 5 days with a $4k CL. I did this to merge both of my cards in the future to make it a $10k Discover It CC. My goal is to have all my cards at $5k or more.

Slowly but surely.

Data pooints:

- Over 20 inquiries between all 3 bureaus in the past 24 months
- Bk d/c on 10/2010
- About 8 new accounts in the last 24 months
- Current scores in the 720s across the board
- UTL 4% on one card (BT)
- No other debt

Congratulations on the approval!! 

Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats..  Very interesting DP about the BT.. Seems like they might like a piece of in-debtness BT fee and possibly willing to see more money made hence a higher limit?  Usually Discover will recon on a 1k Approval to 1.25k ask me how I know.. :/..  Granted higher now, but still my 2nd lowest limit card and I use it for a pretty decent amount each month due to double cash back

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice trick on the BT transfer, worked out well!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Disco approval, and great work getting an increase off the bat

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card and nice trick by the way on the BT hehe ... ill try that next time

Message 6 of 8
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval and CLI!

Robot Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was actually going for the BT, but decided to just pay my other card to $0. However, yes, it is a nice trick to use. 1st attempt - Initial approval was $1k. Raised to $4k CL for a $2k BT. 2nd attempt - CL remained at $4k with a $3k BT. ($1k available remaining) I wonder if i should had said i wanted a BT of $5k to maybe have the CL increased to $6k ($1k available remaining) Something to think about.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.