Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it CLi

tag
Financiers
Valued Member

Discover it CLi

Well discover never fails me. By far my highest CL on any card. Approved from 28.5k to 34.5k. Super happy and just wanted to share Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover it CLi

Dayum! My 90 days cant come soon enough to start the snowball. Awesome!

Message 2 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Very nice !! 6k enjoy your daySmiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Nice bump. You'll be knocking on $40K soon enough

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 4 of 9
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Good stuff!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 5 of 9
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

@Financiers wrote:
Well discover never fails me. By far my highest CL on any card. Approved from 28.5k to 34.5k. Super happy and just wanted to share Smiley Very Happy

Do you ever have any concerns that such a large limit with one lender will open you up to all kinds of extra scrutiny? It just makes me nervous to have that level of CL on one card. I have read on here that once that level reaches $35K, then that is when you reach levels that bells go off.

Message 6 of 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@RaiseMyScoreASAP wrote:

@Financiers wrote:

Do you ever have any concerns that such a large limit with one lender will open you up to all kinds of extra scrutiny? It just makes me nervous to have that level of CL on one card. I have read on here that once that level reaches $35K, then that is when you reach levels that bells go off.

It depends on the profile, FinStar for example has 50k Capital One cards, two of them. His scores are 800+, once at that level I don't think lenders blink at a 35-50k line. OP, congrats! I hope to get my Discover to at least 15kWoman Very Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 7 of 9
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@RaiseMyScoreASAP wrote:

@Financiers wrote:

Someone just needs to stop this train of thought. Higher CL does not mean you are on watch or "bells" go off. A lot of incomes support it. I have cards in the $50, $60 and $70k range. No AA ever. Probably the same with others with a similar profile.

Message 8 of 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

@RaiseMyScoreASAP wrote:

@Financiers wrote:

Someone just needs to stop this train of thought. Higher CL does not mean you are on watch or "bells" go off. A lot of incomes support it. I have cards in the $50, $60 and $70k range. No AA ever. Probably the same with others with a similar profile.

I have to agree with DrZ.  I have a couple of limits over $30K and scores in the 830's.  They don't seem to be cautious about going higher as Discover just upped me to $35,600 after a 2 day message which is normal for my profile with them.  It just depends on your profile and spending patterns with each lender.  For some lenders like conservative CU's that will say you have too much available credit at a certain point and cut off the CLI faucet until you reign things in a bit to where they're more conmfortable.  

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.