Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Cash Back Approved!

tag
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Discover it Cash Back Approved!

As i mentioned in another thread, i've been doing some credit cleanup and while i was approved for another card that i plan to use as my daily. I also applied for the Discover it Cash card a few days later. I was instantly approved! I've always wanted one of these cards, and i plan to use it mostly for my amazon purchases and for the 5% cash back quarterly bonuses.

Unfortunately i wasn't crazy excited about the SL of $2500, as it's on the lower range of my other cards but after reading through this forum i believe i'll be able to increase it to where i want, pretty quickly. My scores are TU750, EQ760, and EX775.

One question i have regarding this card, i applied for it via the link in amazon, for the $75 statement credit after your first Amazon.com purchase within 3 months of approval. I've been reading some horror stories about people not getting the credit, or that they weren't eligible.

I assume i'll just need to call them once i recieve the card?

When i was approved there was no mention of being approved for the offer, they didn't even show my SL. I had to click a link to sign in to view the approved limit. I also haven't received an email, like i did from Chase. is that normal? 

|  
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Discover it Cash Back Approved!

Congrats on the Disco approval!!!

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 2 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats. Nice SL and it will grow in time. The CB Match is the prize in the first year. Enjoy!

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t receive an email from Discover until my card actually shipped. It came within 4 days.
Message 4 of 13
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval, it will definitely continue growing!

Message 5 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! I purposely didn't apply for the card via Amazon because of the horror stories I had heard. Hopefully it all works out for you, please keep us updated!
Message 7 of 13
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Just got the same card last week!  I wish I had a reason to take advantage of the 0%/18 months BT offer.

Message 8 of 13
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the card! That SL will grow well so don’t worry. If you make your Amazon purchase and after the first statement haven’t received your credit, then you could call them. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval! And yeah don't worry about the SL at all, it'll grow for sure Smiley Happy

I also didn't receive any email from them until my card had already shipped, and I got my card in just 3 days I believe.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.