cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Secured Card Approval (rebuilding credit)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Secured Card Approval (rebuilding credit)

Hey!

I'm new here as a member, but have been reading the forums for a few months now.

I've been gardening my credit since January 2015 and have started to pay off my collections a couple of months ago.

I have 1 judgement, 1 cap one in collections paid off and another cap one that hasnt been paid off yet, 2 medical bills currently on payment plan with a CA, and school loans.

My scores are TU 601 | EQ 602 | EX 580 and i've been doing extensive research into different secured cards that can get my credit back on the rise.

I just applied for the Discover it Secured Card and got  $200 CL with my deposit!

Was so nervous to even apply, but I'm glad I did and I'm even happier I bit the bullet and went with Discover and not Primor, lol.

Hopefully this is a start to a healthy score.

Current Scores: TU 601 - EQ 602 - EX 580

Goal Scores: high 600s across the board by new year's

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it Secured Card Approval (rebuilding credit)

Welcome to the forums!  And, congrats to you on getting in with Discover!  You're doing very well on your rebuild, so keep up the good work! As you can see, you're already reaping the rewards!  Enjoy your card so much! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you so much!!

Message 3 of 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats , keep working on paying off them debts and using your card wisely and it will pay off in the long run . Remember credit is a marathon not a sprint , slow and steady . Good luck to you and welcome to the MF family !
Message 4 of 6
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Also what is the problem with your Student loans? Or are they in good condition?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much!! And yes, with a more steady income and increased salary I think I'm able to finally get it right. 

As far as my student loans, I've been forbearing them and one is currently passed due. 

I'm working on getting those into my budget as well. There are just so many of them!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.