cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it call to verify. Approved/denied?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it call to verify. Approved/denied?

I figured since my EQ is at 669 I should apply for Discover it. After completing the app, I am told to call and verify some information along with a reference number. What do they need to verify? Is there a high probability of approval/denial? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it call to verify. Approved/denied?

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured since my EQ is at 669 I should apply for Discover it. After completing the app, I am told to call and verify some information along with a reference number. What do they need to verify? Is there a high probability of approval/denial? Thanks. 

Probably your address, this happens. I think it usually leans towards you being approved.

IE: If they didn't want to consider you at all then why ask for more info?

Call and let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy Good luck!!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably your address, this happens. I think it usually leans towards you being approved.

IE: If they didn't want to consider you at all then why ask for more info?

Call and let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy Good luck!!

I lived at that address for 16 years but I'll call in the morning and see. Hopefully it'll be all good Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover usually denies you outright (happened to me because of a tax lien)

If they ask you to call, it's usually for verification before approval.  

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call and see! Like other said, if they don't want you, they won't need to verify anything!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called and the lady said I put I own my own home which is true. Placed on brief hold and was told denied...bummer! Oh well. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that Smiley Sad But I dont get why owning your home was an issue. Or is owning a home something that triggers verification?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that sucked.

They do allow joint account owners, if you can find somebody with clean credit, they can join with you and get you in.

Discover is very particular about baddies, I had a clean CR except for a tax lien and I couldn't get in.  I had to get a joint applicant to get into Discover or wait out the tax lien.

Message 8 of 13
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called and the lady said I put I own my own home which is true. Placed on brief hold and was told denied...bummer! Oh well. 

Sorry about the denial. Discover verification is defintely a YMMV situation. I had the same thing happen to me. Asked to call in for verification, where they flat out denied me, and asked me to open a secured card. Nope.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry to hear that Smiley Sad But I dont get why owning your home was an issue. Or is owning a home something that triggers verification?

I called again and asked for denial reason and was told because of two medical collections I had since 2011. Best course of action is to have them removed and apply again Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.