cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it secured graduation and 10x CLI!

Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: Discover it secured graduation and 10x CLI!

Congratulations!  I'm a part of the Class of 2020 as well (got my card the same month as you). Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 28
Highlighted
Valued Member

@jata_roots wrote:

thank you all! made some good moves apparently! I wasn't really consistent though I mean a few times I've been super close to credit limit, taken a few months to pay that down, then more recently the past few months I've paid off to $0 a few times in the one cycle. Maybe that's what did it I dunno. I could never put more down on the card (single mom of five here busting my ass) super determined to rise UP from where I've been. seriously so happy I wanna cry. $2000 may not seem like much to those with crazy high SL (no idea how those are possible lol) but this progress feels golden. 

You did the right thing by not adding more to the deposit; because from what I've read, those who chose to put a substantial amount down up front or max out their deposit later do not receive an increase upon graduating (e.g.  if they secured the card for $2500, that's what their limit stayed at when the card unsecured).

I also wanted to say that when it comes to playing the credit card "game", you shouldn't really put any stock into what others may think about your progress (especially as it pertains specifically to limit increases, because they are ALL a win). Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 28
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@jata_roots wrote:

this progress feels golden. 

It is!  Congrats on Graduating and enjoy your wonderful, new limit!Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 28
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congrats on your graduation 🎓 and CLI.

CARDS: Discover It | QuickSilver One | Open Sky | Kohl’s | BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards | BB&T Bright | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | AMEX BCE | OverStock
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574
Message 14 of 28
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations!

Current Scores & Increase since May 2020:

EX: 718 (+55)| TU: 692 (+32)| EQ: 681 (+36)| TU Fico 9: 704

Next Goal: Min. 700 w/all CRAs

Subsequent Goal: Chase FU

Gardening Until: 06/01/2021| App: 5/22/2020
Message 15 of 28
Highlighted

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 16 of 28
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover graduation and CLI!

Current FICO 8:

Credit Age (TU):

Inquiries:

Message 17 of 28
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your card graduation!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 18 of 28
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Rock-on @jata_roots! I've seen quite a few various graduations today and you're up! 

Message 19 of 28
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Congrats and welcome to Discover's big boy/girl table

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>05/2020 CCT EX 834 TU 848 EQ 844

I'd get it one piece at a time
And it wouldn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around.

- Johnny Cash One Piece At A Time
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.