Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it student app switched to regular IT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it student app switched to regular IT

I was typing a novel introducing myself and my credit history along with approvals and denials but decided to just post about my most exciting approval: the discover IT.
Originally I applied for the student because I thought I would have a better chance at approval. I got the message saying it needed further review so I called. They couldn't find my application and told me to check online tomorrow (which was yesterday). I checked all day yesterday and the system couldn't find my application. I was taking it as a blessing after reading on hear thinking maybe it got lost because I applied right before their system shuts down at night.

Then today I decided to check and saw that they needed more info (drivers license, social, and proof of being a student). I opened an online chat and the lady said they are trying to approve me for a $500 student IT card, 0% for 12 months. I asked if my limit could be higher and she said sorry that was the offer.

I researched the forum all day and got even more bummed because so many people say they do hard pulls for CLI for the student IT version and it's harder to get a CLI with it too. I decided I would call and see if they could switch my application to the regular IT card and if not I just wouldn't get the card and wait till I was approved for the regular version.

Well I called and the lady transferred me to a senior analyst and she asked some questions and put me on hold and came back and said "Congrats welcome to the discover family, I was able to approve you for a $5,500 credit line"!!!!! My jaw dropped. These past two weeks have been awesome to me. My credit has come a looooong way from the low 500's thanks to this community!
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it student app switched to regular IT

Wow! Congrats! may I ask what your scores were? any baddies? I can't seem to get some Discover love at all Smiley Very Happy 

Message 2 of 13
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Oh my goodness!!

You absolutely MUST be thrilled to pieces on hearing THAT answer from her.

Sometimes and under the strangest of circustances, every once in awhile a fantastic result just comes to you.

WELCOME! TO THE FORUMS! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are 680's-690's. I had two last baddies that I got removed just last week so I think they were still showing. On Amex credit score it says I have deragatories that are affecting my score so I'm sure they're still there. They both hit 7 years the end of this month though.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you creditmagic7! I was so thrilled and actually confused haha. On one hand they only wanted to offer my $500!! Then turn around and offer $5,500?! I'll take it!!
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was typing a novel introducing myself and my credit history along with approvals and denials but decided to just post about my most exciting approval: the discover IT.
Originally I applied for the student because I thought I would have a better chance at approval. I got the message saying it needed further review so I called. They couldn't find my application and told me to check online tomorrow (which was yesterday). I checked all day yesterday and the system couldn't find my application. I was taking it as a blessing after reading on hear thinking maybe it got lost because I applied right before their system shuts down at night.

Then today I decided to check and saw that they needed more info (drivers license, social, and proof of being a student). I opened an online chat and the lady said they are trying to approve me for a $500 student IT card, 0% for 12 months. I asked if my limit could be higher and she said sorry that was the offer.

I researched the forum all day and got even more bummed because so many people say they do hard pulls for CLI for the student IT version and it's harder to get a CLI with it too. I decided I would call and see if they could switch my application to the regular IT card and if not I just wouldn't get the card and wait till I was approved for the regular version.

Well I called and the lady transferred me to a senior analyst and she asked some questions and put me on hold and came back and said "Congrats welcome to the discover family, I was able to approve you for a $5,500 credit line"!!!!! My jaw dropped. These past two weeks have been awesome to me. My credit has come a looooong way from the low 500's thanks to this community!

Congratulations On Your Approval....Thanks For Sharing..Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLHeart

Message 6 of 13
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very nice! Congrats!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!  Huge difference between the two cards in many ways! Enjoy - your successes have been plentiful! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval.  My daughter just applied and was approved for the student card.  She tried to get the IT version but, was told no.  This is her first credit account.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.