Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover miles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover miles

Hey All,

I finally apped and got my discover miles approval. $6500 limit. I am a little shocked. Was scared it would be low, but this is great.

I apped for amazon prime, but got a 30 day message. I already have 2 chase cards and preapproved for csp and slate, so little surprised. See what happens, but very happy to be getting the miles card.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover miles

Great!  Now you can pay your rent!!!

$6500 is better than where they started me off originally as you may know.  Now it's off to basecamp and start climbing the Disco mountain of CLI's.  Definitely looks like it was worth the wait too Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Austin! The fee is a percentage now, so probably won't be paying rent, sadly. But do have lots of new vet expenses with new puppy that will give me some good cash back. Plus all my spend is going to run thru it for the next year, unless my freedom has the better deal. Excited to get started with Discover!
Message 3 of 11
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Da m Landlords changing the rules just when you get your new plastic!!!

Just remember to read up on my thread for the SP CLI / timing / etc.  I wouldn't go overboard with the spend but, you should be able to rack up some "miles" on it.  If you hit the CLI button every other month after the first 90 days I'm guessing you'll amass a 30K+ CL on that card of yours.  Setup auto pay and let it ride!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may have been wrong about the rent from the start. I'd only break even on the fees. Errrr. Oh well, I still have use for the card. The wifi credit is cool and 3% for 12 mos? Heck yeah! I'll still get a good amount back, so I'm happy.
Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats the ticket RooSmiley Happy. I hope everyone learns from you in that if you wait enough for the right moment youll get what you want at a better cl. I hope do anyway. Enjoy that 3% and spoil that puppy likes thetes no tomorrowSmiley Happy. Congrats again my friend, well deservedSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo, roodog! Congratulations and welcome to the Discover Miles club! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new Discover it Miles card!  Discover is great bank.  They are going to be matching my first year spend here in April.  Smiley Happy  I hope you get approved on your Amazon app!  I got a 30 day message also and it turned out to be an approval.  Good luck! 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Everybody! Still waiting on chase Amazon prime. When I've called they seem to talk like it's an approval pending verification, but they could just be being nice. Idk. Hopefully, I'll know soon. Can't wait to receive my miles card tho!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great News! Congrats on your new card and SL! Enjoy and use it wisely.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.