Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover: no CLI's so apped for new card

tag
creditmonger
Contributor

Discover: no CLI's so apped for new card

No CLI's for the past 8 months combined w the end of my zero interest and double cash back prompted me to apply for a new IT. 

Approved for $4500 so I called to see if limits could be reappropriated AND/or if limit could be increased as I was modestly disapointed. 

"No". And after a TU soft pull..."no."  

On a brighter note my 'big ticket' Cap One Venture finally reported after 57 days and two (2) monthly statements---but who's counting. 

Happy Memorial Day weekend to The Community. 

BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover: no CLI's so apped for new card

Congrats. You do realize that another IT wont give you double cash back again. Might have been better to go for the Miles to get that offer. May i ask what is disappointing about a $4500 sl. Are all your other cards 10k plus?. Thanks.
Message 2 of 9
creditmonger
Contributor

It may have been the Miles but quite honestly I dont recall for sure---although I thought I read in the highlights "DCB" but I could be wrong. 

My other Disco is 10.5 and all else: PF; Ven One; Marvel are 20k+.  Barclay's languishing at 9.5 tho. 

No worries. I wonder tho if I was wrong if I could PC. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate it AJC. 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval; but sorry about the no CLI
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratuations on your Disco approval....not a bad SL at all considering you have 2 cards with them.....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

That's the ticket. I was in same boat at you got a 1k increase on my discover it about 3 months ago at the end of 3 months it wouldn't give me any more. So with my cashback promotion ending i pulled the trigger and applied for the miles card. Got an approval for close to 8k. Got the promotional terms 0% for 14 months on purchases and 10.9 i think on balance transfers for 14 months plus the matching miles at the end of the year. $1 is 1 mile and miles are given at 1.5 per dollar then at end of year they match with another 1.5 miles per dollar so i think that works out to 3 percent. miles can be redeemed for travel purchases cash or statement credit.

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No probs Creditmonger, please let us know once you find out if it was the Miles that was approved. Disco seems to be stuck in the spin cycle so until it reaches rinse, might be awhile before we see those crazy clis agaibSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
creditmonger
Contributor

I believe this is what I apped for  IMG_4135.PNG

Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok thanks. Seems like you now have 2 Discover Its and im assuming even though it says double cash back they wont give it if you just came off your first year. I would call and see if you can switch it to the Miles say you apped for wrong card and try to get the cashback/ pointback match for 1st year. Or maybe a Chrome. Definetly check out which 2 cards you have.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.