Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover prequalified maybe

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover prequalified maybe

So Dicover sent me an invitation to apply. So I checked the prequalified site and it says your pre approved at 22.39%. It doesn't give an apr range but rather a solid number. Should I trust it?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover prequalified maybe

Yes go for it. I trusted when I did mine.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only thing that scares me is I got like 17 inquiries on my credit report.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding another inquiries won't hurt. If it say your pre approved go for it. I think they really mean it or you'll receive a counter offer. Try and you know.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I think I will. I'll come back and let everyone know how it goes. Just got a $1500 raise out of Capital One about 3 days ago. Wrote the executive office an email for that one.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope you'll get instant response.
Message 6 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So Dicover sent me an invitation to apply. So I checked the prequalified site and it says your pre approved at 22.39%. It doesn't give an apr range but rather a solid number. Should I trust it?

If you want it, apply, but Discover's prequals are notoriously unreliable.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Prequelifier

So I was leary about applying because of all the negatives I've heard about the Prequelifier on Discover. Yes it's true they'll prequalify anybody but they'll give you a range of apr's such as 11.23% to 23%. But if you get a specific apr go ahead and app because then you really are approved. My FICO is 689 and I have approx. 17 transunion inquiries and about 12 ex and ep. Yes I'm so excited. Can finally start getting rid of sub prime companies like first premier.
Message 8 of 19
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover Prequelifier

Congrats on your approval.  Do you mind sharing your limit and scores?

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH just got the same invitation letter this week (white envelope).  Had a set APR of 23.24.  He applied online (used the website stated in the letter-where he was able to enter the invitation code number).  Approved instantly for $4K.  When it is a firm APR and not a range, I have noticed other people on this forum being approved.  Good luck if you decide to app!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.