Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover said yes!!! YAY!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover said yes!!! YAY!!!

I check the "find my card" link a couple times a week and I'm signed up for scorecard.  I have been waiting for scorecard to offer it or for a somewhat solid pre-qual. Today I got the "Monique we have found a personalized offer for you" instead of the standard "how does your card stack up".  It showed a 0% APR for 6 months and 23.99% after that instead of the range.  I decided to go for it and got approved for $2600.  Very excited to get in with Discover and get approved for an unsecured card.  My last credit check total report showed my scores @ EX 636, TU 591, EQ 642 and my uti was 26%.

In October I will be 2 years post BK7 and I only started my rebuild this past June with a Capital One platinum card and a $2000 CL.  In August I got a $200 CLI and a PC to the quicksilver no fee. 

Going in the right direction thanks to all the great advice here on the boards. Thanks all around!!!!! Smiley Happy

14 REPLIES 14
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover said yes!!! YAY!!!

Congrats! That first unsecured card is always an awesome feeling!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 2 of 15
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy That's one of my favorite cards. What color did you get?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@I check the "find my card" link a couple times a week and I'm signed up for scorecard.  I have been waiting for scorecard to offer it or for a somewhat solid pre-qual. Today I got the "Monique we have found a personalized offer for you" instead of the standard "how does your card stack up".  It showed a 0% APR for 6 months and 23.99% after that instead of the range.  I decided to go for it and got approved for $2600.  Very excited to get in with Discover and get approved for an unsecured card.  My last credit check total report showed my scores @ EX 636, TU 591, EQ 642 and my uti was 26%.

In October I will be 2 years post BK7 and I only started my rebuild this past June with a Capital One platinum card and a $2000 CL.  In August I got a $200 CLI and a PC to the quicksilver no fee. 

Going in the right direction thanks to all the great advice here on the boards. Thanks all around!!!!! Smiley Happy

Congrats!

Exact same thing happened to me about a month ago. 

I Applied 2 times in the last year after doing the pre-qual and got declined both times. I read on here about the more specific terms and it meaning a better chance. It always gave me the 12 month 0% and a huge range of APR on the pre-quals. Until one day about a month ago it said 6 months 0% and 23.99% (no range) just like yours did. Apped and got approved! So happy. I have wanted the IT since i first started rebuilding. Feels really good. I am loving the 5% on restaurants right now!

Congrats again!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all!! I got the icy blue one. I almost got lime green, but I love blue. I like the 5% categories- especially the next one coming up. Amazon is my go to... and the matching for the first year is great.
Message 5 of 15
ndl0520

Congrats!  Where could you sign up for that scorecard?

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Did you include them in your bankruptcy?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations it's my favorite card, enjoy!
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ndl - you can sign up for scorecard on the discover site. It's free and you can get your fico 8 ex score once a month.

@treasurecredit- no they were not IIB. This is my first discover card.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I'm actually not one for Amazon and big box stores, nor do I drive so I'm considering a PC to chrome sometime soon. 

Best of luck on CLIs, they seem to be an enigma as to when you get them.

Only had mine 2 months and I'm loving it: Killer mobile app, great looking cards (and you can have as many as you want!). and CSRs who always seem to be on ecstacy. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.