Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured card upgraduate I wanted to shared with everyone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured card upgraduate I wanted to shared with everyone

I wanted to share this  with everyone on  form

I approved for Discover secured card back in 2015. now I  was justed  upgraded. I want to share it.,

Date: Thu, Feb 21, 2019 11:10 PM
Subject:Congratulations! Thank you for being a great customer

Access My Account
Account number ending 
Congratulations! Thank you for being a great customer

Good news,
We're returning your security deposit and increasing your credit line.

Because you've shown responsible account management, you're getting your security deposit back. You should receive the check in the mail in 5-7 business days.

Moreover, we are pleased to inform you that we have increased your credit line following your responsible account management. Congratulations and thank you for being a great cardmember!

Your new credit limit is $2,000.00, and your cash line has remained unchanged.

Nothing else changes with your Discover it® chrome card. You keep the same account number and the same rewards.

If you have any questions, you can reach our U.S.-based service team any time at 1-800-347-3085 or you can always visit us at Discover.com.

Sincerely,

Discover Card Customer Service

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secured card upgraduate I wanted to shared with everyone

Congratulations!! that hardwork certainly paid off. I know you'll be eager to have more bwahahahhaha Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 15
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your Graduation and the Very Nice CLI!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

COngrats on your graduation and nice CLI !!!

Message 4 of 15
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Great job and keep it up!

Message 5 of 15
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!! That is one amazing email to get, got mine back in October after 14 months of having my Discover IT Secured card. Now it's a Discover IT Cash Back.....HOWEVER, I've been getting denied on my CLI requests and my card only had a $200 Deposit.

Question, was your secured card a $2,000 deposit? Or did you get an AUTO CLI when it went unsecured.

Either way, pat yourself on the back a lot today! Nice work!

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 6 of 15
romy134
Valued Member

Grats, side note, anyone know how long you have to wait to to request a CLI if you graduate?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the replies I really appreciated it. I  want my news because I  had my discover secured card ever since 2015. It has never graduated until this past February. it took over three years for Discover realized that  i paid my bill  before  due date, stay under credit ratio and pay in full. It took a long time to  get through. there was times I wanted to  cancel the card  and get my security  deposit. I say no I must keep going and it will pay off in the end. There is  hope for everyone. Discover rules are different now since  2015 when I first apply.

I am so blessed to have it with a big credit limit. I am going to celebrate and be wise with it so it can coontiued to help me in my future needs. Good luck everyone I hopw you have a success like I did.

Message 8 of 15
CreditRebuilder2020
Frequent Contributor

@romy134 wrote:

Grats, side note, anyone know how long you have to wait to to request a CLI if you graduate?

I don't think Discover has any set policy on that, other than they told me on the phone, after you've made a request for a CLI, wait another 90 days before you request one again. I've done two 2 CLI after my card went unsecured back in October and I've been denied both times, the letter I got from Discover read "Too short amount of time with current credit line". 

Which is annoying because I'm sure they mean that my card has technically been unsecured for just a few months, but my Secured was only $200, on top of that, I've been making all payments on time and keeping low balances for all 20 months now total I've had the card, both secured and unsecured. 

I have seen some of these cards go unsecured, people that day then get a CLI from $300 to $1000, nothing too crazy, but certainly a great bump coming after a secured card. Discover also varies wildly with how they unsecure these cards, mine took 14 months, this poster's card it took 4 years.....Others, after 6 months they've had it go unsecured. 

Whatever Discover's formula is, doesn't seem to logistically sound. From the card going unsecured, to when you go for the CLI. 

X1 VISA SIG $15,500/ AMEX Gold / Petal 1 $3600 / Wells Fargo Active Cash VISA $3K / VENMO Visa $900 / Verizon Visa $2K / Apple Card $1500 SL / Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa $500 / WALGREENS Store $1K / Amazon Store $5000 SL/ Discover IT Chrome $2500K / BP Prime Rewards VISA $4350 / PayPal MC $3500 / BOA BankAmericard $2K / BOA Cash Rewards $1K / Cap One Savor One $1200 / Cap One QS1 $950 / Blaze MC $2250 / Credit One $850 / Credit One AMEX $1200 / OpenSky $600 / AvantCard $1000 / Discover IT Cash Back (Graduated) $400 / eBay MC $750
FEB '22 EX: 698 EQ: 700 TU: 713 | UTL: 23% | Total Credit Limit: $54000
Goal Score: 675 for all FICOS (ACHIEVED NOVEMBER 2021) | NEW GOAL SCORE: 725 for ALL FICOs
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are so right. I didnt understand Discover formula either.  They formula chanes so much it hard to keep track. I just keep put more effort to build a relationship with them and hope for the best it work out.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.