cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured graduation, and auto CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured graduation, and auto CLI!

Just checked my Discover online, and noticed a limit of $1250.   Previously I was secured with a $500 limit.     

I hopped on chat, and it did graduate!    My 8th statement just cut.      They said I will receive a check for my deposit via mail.

I'm wondering though, should I hit the CLI button??     I don't want to be greedy, since they did step me up from 500 already.

Editing, on impulse hit the CLI increase and SP increase by $450 so my total is now $1700.   I'll take it!   Heart

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secured graduation, and auto CLI!

Congrats on graduating and you new increase!!! 😊😊
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Florida!

I just wanted to mention that I went to Chat AGAIN, and was able to get the 0% interest rate for 12 months.      So if any other recent graduates are reading this, definitely ask for that!

Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on the card unsecuring and CLI!! ! Enjoy
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 8th statement cuts on the 20th ... I'm SO hopeful for graduation and a CLI! I'm on pins and needles

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My 8th statement cuts on the 20th ... I'm SO hopeful for graduation and a CLI! I'm on pins and needles

Fingers crossed for you JJ.

I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but I did go on chat a couple of times before it happened, asking about it happening.   

Also, it was a few days AFTER my statement posted, so my last statement showed the old CL etc.  So don't get discouraged if that happens.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay, congrats!!

Reading all these graduation threads today, I logged in to my acct and just happend to notice that my limit is now $500. It was previously secured for $200.  I called and confirmed, they did graduate me.  My 7th statement just cut Tuesday.

I also asked for a CLI and got another $500 for a new limit of $1,000.00!!

I really wish now that I had added more money to the card.  I kept meaning to and just never did.  I originally planned to get it as close to $2k as I could.  

How often does Discover allow a CLI?

A lot of new Discover graduates this week!!  They seem to be on a spree, for sure.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations OP!!! I know it must feel nice. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yay, congrats!!

Reading all these graduation threads today, I logged in to my acct and just happend to notice that my limit is now $500. It was previously secured for $200.  I called and confirmed, they did graduate me.  My 7th statement just cut Tuesday.

I also asked for a CLI and got another $500 for a new limit of $1,000.00!!

I really wish now that I had added more money to the card.  I kept meaning to and just never did.  I originally planned to get it as close to $2k as I could.  

How often does Discover allow a CLI?

A lot of new Discover graduates this week!!  They seem to be on a spree, for sure.

Congrats on your graduation. I have read on this Board that you can request CLI with Discover as often as you wish as it is a SP. Some request as often as once per week. However, from what I understand, you have to find your sweetpot of the CLI timetable for your card. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't wait for my Discover to graduate. 

I never thought I could love a credit card company as much as I love Discover.

Congrats! 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.