Discover spontaneously more than doubled my credit limit

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover spontaneously more than doubled my credit limit

@JR_TX wrote:

Congrats on the auto luv!!!

Care for some double dip sauce?

@JR_TXis right .. call in for possible "double dip" .. I always forgetSmiley Tongue

Message 11 of 37
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your PCLI! That's a big jump.
Message 12 of 37
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Azza wrote:

Hey, thanks everyone.

I decided to take this good fortune and go poking around, and just love buttoned up a couple of other cards CLIs. Amazon store card up to $10k from $7k, and my Newegg card from $5k to $6k (just small requests, don't use the Newegg one much but did push it to $4k with one purchase.)

Kinda happy about this! I have some credit attending to do so later today after I've woken up I'll post a lengthier thread asking for some advice. Thanks again for the nice words!

Congratulations on your additional CLIs!

Message 13 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOO! Get down with that

DISCO LUV! Congrats!

Message 14 of 37
Azza
Regular Contributor

After receiving a massive increase, do you think that is wise? I mean that's a neat idea. My Citi Costco card has a $10,000 limit, and my other two credit union accounts are at $5,000.

edit: I have no idea how to quote on this forum, was quoting @M_Smart007's post.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 15 of 37
sourpuss29
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your (random) increase! 🎉

I actually think that CLIs given in this manner (read: unexpectedly) are more...meaningful (for lack of a better word) than those which are requested.

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, that's a very nice auto increase!

I will say that's one good thing about Disco is their auto CLI's are fairly regular and decent. Profile depending of course.

Most of my time spent with them was during the low 600 scoring days in the beginning of my rebuild, so I only got $1K to $1,500 increases annually for a few years. Plus I had a few paid collections pop up on my CR that i wasn't aware of until later. Wasn't monitering back then.

Message 17 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! The unexpected are always the best!!

Message 18 of 37
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Azza wrote:

After receiving a massive increase, do you think that is wise? I mean that's a neat idea. My Citi Costco card has a $10,000 limit, and my other two credit union accounts are at $5,000.

edit: I have no idea how to quote on this forum, was quoting @M_Smart007's post.

It's no longer a question of being a wise idea or not. Rather, it is the ONLY idea!

Think of drawing a pair of aces in blackjack... there's no other choice but to split!

Disco auto cli is like a rain in the Serengeti...Once it rains, has to really pour as the drought can go on for months before another one comes along! 😉🤣😜

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 19 of 37
Azza
Regular Contributor

Okay, hit the love button and put in my income + monthly mortgage payment and was declined for another increase.

That's okay, I didn't need/expect one.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.