cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unsecured me a month ago... BUT NOW........

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover unsecured me a month ago... BUT NOW........

This!!!!!! I went from an $800 secured card that unsecured on 10/27/16 to a $1750 unsecured limit, one billing cycle passed, I hit the CLI button and got this!!!! a $5700 limit! Im on Cloud Nine right now!  My Rebuild is finally starting to show fruits of my labor and im loving this.  I never would have dreamed of having a card with over a $5,000 limit.  You guys are the bestDISCO.png

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unsecured me a month ago... NOW........

WoW!  Very nice!  congrats!  Smiley Happy

I have yet to get in with Discover, because I haven't tried.

Message 2 of 31
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover unsecured me a month ago... BUT NOW........

Very nice!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 3 of 31
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulatins Cy1215. This is awesome and has to be very, very exciting. Yes, consistency and hard work definitely pays off.

I have a question for you or anyone else who has a Discover card that can answer this since I was considering applying for a Discover also. I noticed that the Cash Advance Credit Line is only $100. Is that all that Discover offers on a credit card that's $5K+?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

Congratulatins Cy1215. This is awesome and has to be very, very exciting. Yes, consistency and hard work definitely pays off.

I have a question for you or anyone else who has a Discover card that can answer this since I was considering applying for a Discover also. I noticed that the Cash Advance Credit Line is only $100. Is that all that Discover offers on a credit card that's $5K+?

I dont know.  I didnt even notice it, I dont ever intend on using cash advance.  The only thing I'd use is Discover's Cash Over or whatever its called that you can get at Walmart and a few other stores

Message 5 of 31
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This!!!!!! I went from an $800 secured card that unsecured on 10/27/16 to a $1750 unsecured limit, one billing cycle passed, I hit the CLI button and got this!!!! a $5700 limit! Im on Cloud Nine right now!  My Rebuild is finally starting to show fruits of my labor and im loving this.  I never would have dreamed of having a card with over a $5,000 limit.  You guys are the bestDISCO.png

Congratulations! NICE CLI!!

Just wondering, how old is the card itself?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

Congratulations! NICE CLI!!

Just wondering, how old is the card itself?

It was opened February 8, 2016 as a secured card

Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ratulations!  It's a great feeling when you get over that $5k mark.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ratulations!  It's a great feeling when you get over that $5k mark.  Smiley Happy

Yes it is! I have a store card that broke $5k two months ago but this is my first bank card to break $5k and it does feel fantastic.  I cant wait for $10k now!

Message 9 of 31
ambivalent
Established Contributor

That's awesome!  Congratulations!!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.