Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiscoverIT Approval - $10,000 SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DiscoverIT Approval - $10,000 SL

After I was approved for a NFCU Platinum with a $20,000 SL I said I was going back into the garden.  However, today I received an email from Experian stating i had new credit card recommendations.  Usually its cards like First Premier, Credit One and Avant.  However, today it included DiscoverIT.  I clicked the link and there was an option to check for Pre-Qualifications.  It said I had an offer for the Cash Back, Travel and Gas & Resturant cards.  I chose the Cash Back bcause of the 0% APR for the first 14 months on Purchases and Balance Transfers. I applied and it came back with an approval for $10,000.  Discover is a card that is on my list.  My first credit card after graduating college was a Discover card and unfortunately I didn't handle it right.  It ended up getting charged off and they came after me for the balance, which I paid.  I thought I was on their "Do Not Approve" list because of that, but realize it was my credit profile & score.  I'm thrilled to be back with them.  At the time they pulled Experian today my FICO8 was 685.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: DiscoverIT Approval - $10,000 SL

Congratulations on your Discover approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 2 of 25
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 25
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

That is a strong SL with Lady Discover...

Congratulations on both Big approvals!

20200917_201506.gif

Message 4 of 25
blindambition
Senior Contributor

You Go Bama!!! Another win for you. Congrats on your success!!!

The garden is to your ➡️

Message 5 of 25
mrjerry
Regular Contributor

Congrats !

Message 6 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Discover Approval..

Message 7 of 25
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     Congrats Smiley Very Happy    Discover is on my Want list XD   But my UTL to high right now and it's the only thing holding me back XD

Message 8 of 25
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Nice job 👍👍

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous     Congrats Smiley Very Happy    Discover is on my Want list XD   But my UTL to high right now and it's the only thing holding me back XD

@Girlzilla88 you will get there. I have learned  so much from the folks on this board. I have a denial letter from a store card I app'd for through Comdemnity back in 2018. At that time my TU score was 461. Im keeping the letter as a reminder of where I was. 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.