Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DiscoverIt approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DiscoverIt approval

I kept getting mailers for the card, and even though I didn't need the card I went to the Disco website and used the prequal tool and seen that I had a fixed APR of just over 13%. I have a lot of high limit cards that I'll never come close to using up but none even close to 15% much less 13. I never carry a balance, and I do not use balance transfer, but I love 5% cash back, and if I ever do need to carry a balance 13% sounded good to me.. So I pulled the trigger and instant approval for $6k. Can somebody give me some data points on CLI's? First CLI, how much to ask for, HP or SP... the basics.. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: DiscoverIt approval

Big congratsSmiley Happy All the data points can be had over in the big Discover thread in apps. Cli requests are sp but cli given is YMMV LOLWUTSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DiscoverIt approval

Congrats on the approval! I can’t speak from personal experience since I recently got this card, but from what I’ve read the first CLI (if it happens) does so around the 3 month/statement mark. Also, apparently Discover likes for you to carry a balance. Of course we shouldn’t do things we’re not comfortable doing to curry favor with a bank, so that’s your choice. After that you can request one monthly. Most common denial reason for the CLI I’ve read about has been “lack of experience with current limit”’ which in your case doesn’t seem like it would be an issue. Good luck and enjoy that double cash back!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.