Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AMEX love me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does AMEX love me?

This has been on my mind for a while and I thought I would ask. Last year when I applied for my first credit card, I had no credit history and for some reason I was stupid and decided to go for a amex cash card. They told me 7-10 days and after calling I was asked to submit a pay check stub then AMEX said they need tax info so I had to fill out a form. 57 days later they approved me for $8000.00. Is that normal or did I just get lucky?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does AMEX love me?

Wait sooooo AMEX is your 1st CC ?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This has been on my mind for a while and I thought I would ask. Last year when I applied for my first credit card, I had no credit history and for some reason I was stupid and decided to go for a amex cash card. They told me 7-10 days and after calling I was asked to submit a pay check stub then AMEX said they need tax info so I had to fill out a form. 57 days later they approved me for $8000.00. Is that normal or did I just get lucky?

Yes, they do love you considering that this is your fist card, congrats and enjoy the card. Amex can be very good friend if you play by the rules !

Message 3 of 6
kidink1911
Established Contributor

WOW! Congratulations and welcome to the AMEX family!! Way to go!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! That's a great approval, especially for your first card

Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice!, i should cue Donny here but ill be ... niceSmiley Happy

Thats a great approval so great jobSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.