Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Amex Approval.... WOW!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double Amex Approval.... WOW!

So i finally made it a whole month without apping since joining the garden and that spade was burning a hole in my pocket. Smiley LOL

I'm a rebuilder and one of my goal cards was a BCE. My scores are still lower so i didnt want to app and get another toy limit (500) card. After 4 months as an Amex customer, it said i was pre-approved for all credit cards, still not good enough for a charge card, but i'm okay with that. 

I apped the BCE and..  Boom  1600   so i got bold and apped the ED and..  Boom  1600 as well. 

*Edited* I got 0% APR til July 19 and then its 25.49, but i AZEO so its mostly irrelavant to me. 

They are already in my online acct, so Considering what today is..  that would be a very cruel (app)ril fools joke on me Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Re: Double Amex Approval.... WOW!

Congrats!

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 2 of 38
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

With 650ish scores, I think you did well. You might be a good data point for others in the same place as you, be sure to give them all the details that you can.

Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8wrote:

With 650ish scores, I think you did well. You might be a good data point for others in the same place as you, be sure to give them all the details that you can.

Thanks..   me too.   i totally though i was going to get a 500 approval and have to wait years to get a decent limit on an Amex card. Also i'm hoping that now i have one thats not at the 500/1000 your just barely approved limit, maybe i can get a 3x 60/90 day CLI. 

Message 4 of 38
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Did you get the SUBs and intro APR?

Message 5 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8wrote:

Did you get the SUBs and intro APR?

I just edited the msg above, i did get the 0% APR for purchase/BT by 5/31/18  but i'm not sure how to check if i got the sub bonus. 

Message 6 of 38
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Wouldn't that be 5/31/19?  If you got the intro APR, you likely got the SUBs too. Those are nice! 

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kilroy8wrote:

Wouldn't that be 5/31/19?  If you got the intro APR, you likely got the SUBs too. Those are nice! 

The purchase APR is until 7/19 but the BT has this in the CMA PDF box.

0.00% introductory APR through your billing period that ends in July, 2019 for transactions requested by May 31, 2018. After that, your APR for those transactions and any other balance transfer requests that we may accept will be 25.49%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Ra

Message 8 of 38
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thing is, I am paranoid to do a BT to AmEx, as the consensus around here is that they really don't like you to do that. I have a 18K BCP with a zero balance (PIF each month) that has zero percent until November and it feels like I am leaving a free loan on the table Smiley Frustrated .

Message 9 of 38
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@kilroy8wrote:

Thing is, I am paranoid to do a BT to AmEx, as the consensus around here is that they really don't like you to do that. I have a 18K BCP with a zero balance (PIF each month) that has zero percent until November and it feels like I am leaving a free loan on the table Smiley Frustrated .

This is something that bothers me about AMEX. Why offer things if they really don’t like for you to take advantage of it. They prefer you to PIF too, correct? But they have cards that allow you to carry a balance. 

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.