Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Amex Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double Amex Approval!

Checked pre approvals this morning and I had the ED and BCE sitting there. Decided to go for the BCE. I could see it had no sign up bonus so it was going to be the credit steps card, but I’ve wanted to get in with Amex forever.

Apped for the BCE, $500 limit as expected. But then I got antsy.

Knowing how Amex double approvals with one pull go I thought eh, why not. Apped for the ED. $1000 limit and I got the 15 months 0% and the BT offer.

It seems like one is a starter and one isn’t. Kind of regretting taking the pre approval and not just hard apping, but at the end of the day I’m just glad to be in with Amex now!

EX is around 660 for reference. Tons in inquiries.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Amex Approval!

Congrat on your approvals! I love my BCE, and even with a starter limit, I believe Amex allows for growth through responsible use. Please continue to share your successes!
Message 2 of 6
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approvals!  The only question will be when it comes time for requesting a CLI, which card will it be Smiley Happy.

Message 3 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!!
FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 4 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Amex is great! I would take that BCE and 3x it at the 61 day mark. And then again at the 181 day mark Smiley Happy

Unless you find yourself using the ED more. In that case do the same thing but to the ED LOL 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 5 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

2 revolvers same day, rare, enjoySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.