cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double App. Online or Phone? What's Better (Chase & BofA)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double App. Online or Phone? What's Better (Chase & BofA)

I'm planning double App for Chase (CSP & Southwest) and BofA.   Does it matter if I app online or on the phone?  

Thanks for any advice!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Double App. Online or Phone? What's Better (Chase & BofA)

As far as Chase, they don't take phone applications IIRC.

Typically it makes no difference on the outcome whether you'd apply by phone or online.

Do you have any targeted offers for either BoA or Chase (i.e. snail mail or email)? Have you checked to see if Chase has any pre-qualified offers (i.e. CSP)?
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no pre-qual offers.  I think I opted out somehow, and I haven't been able to figure out how to opt back in.

I was thinking that double app-ing over the phone might mean only one HP instead of 2.   My DH apped with BofA over the phone and the rep was pretty aggressive in trying to get him to apply for more cards. He ended up applying for 3 and getting approved for 2 (not sure how many HPs).

Message 3 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If you were to apply back-to-back (2 products) with either Chase or BoA, it should result in a single HP.

That being said, Chase has been known to double-pull a separate CR in conjunction with any applications.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Slate Approved $4k,  Southwest Chase 30-day decision by mail notice, Citi Double Cash Approved $13,700.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for CSP and Amazon card on same day within about 10 minutes online, only 1 hard pull.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you do both applications from the same browser? I've seen quite a few posts saying "to app, switch browser to do 2nd app. 

I've been thinking about doing AARP when I do AmazonPrime to save HP.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approvals very nice SL

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Different in cognito tabs. I had both tabs loaded at the same time. If you want to go all out do in cognito and also have a VPN active before you load the application page.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Different in cognito tabs. I had both tabs loaded at the same time. If you want to go all out do in cognito and also have a VPN active before you load the application page.

How does using the incognito tabs help?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.