cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Approval: Chase Freedom, AMEX Blue Cash Preferred!

tag
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Double Approval: Chase Freedom, AMEX Blue Cash Preferred!

I was able to add two more goal cards over the last few days, pretty stoked!

Chase Freedom: My first revolver with Chase, and my FIRST Visa Signature! $8,000 limit @ 20.74% APR. I started using them for checking and savings in 11/19. I had black star prequalified status on CSP in their online portal so I was fairly confident on a Freedom approval. Double pulled TU (734) and EX (730.) Have Disco it and wanted to add Freedom and Cash+ to my 5% rotators for a lot of great category spend. Since I was 4/24, and Cash+ will probably take at least 6-12 months of gardening, Freedom was the logical choice to go after first. Yes, I know I run a risk double apping when Chase is involved, so I don't need reminded, though I say this in a friendly manner as I appreciate the warnings everyone has to give.

AMEX BCP: $2,000 @ 23.99% APR. This is my second card with them, opened Delta Gold in 9/19. I have been preapproved for all cards on their website for about 4-5 months, so my confidence level was high for this one too. They used my most recent SP from earlier this month from EX (730.) Bummed about the SL, however not surprised. I burned them for 7k previously, and they still have me on a short leash. The thing with AMEX though, is that I am not worried about growth. I'll likely move another 2k from my delta card once this one comes in the mail anyway. I spend pretty close to exactly the 6k cap on groceries yearly so this card was a no brainer. 

Very happy for these two great additions to the eventual goal of an exclusively fully cash back line up!

DPs:

EX: 730 EQ: 721 TU: 734 FICO 8s

AAoA: 6 yrs, 1 mo; AoOA: 13 yrs; AoY(R)A: 3 mo

Util: Currently AZEO @ $146/$28,000 reporting

Baddies: All are 30D late and 60D lates, most recent 18 months. No COs, no BK.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you are all safe and well out there in FICO land! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Double Approval: Chase Freedom, AMEX Blue Cash Preferred!

Congratulations on your approvals! ...

Message 2 of 23
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals!
Message 3 of 23
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Congrats! You probably have nothing to worry about with chase. It'll take amex a couple of months to report it and I'm sure it was SP approval for the amex.

Message 4 of 23
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈 on your approvals.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247  Super Congrats on your double approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on the double play Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

I was able to add two more goal cards ...

Two very nice approvals Smiley Happy -- Congrats! & thanks for the DPs.

Message 8 of 23
slickwidit
Established Contributor

Congratulations on 2 of your goal cards. That Amex will grow quickly if you treat it right.

"Achieving your goal is great and everything.. But The journey is where all the amazing stuff happens" *Slickwidit*
Score goals - 800+ (85 points away)
Message 9 of 23
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase Freedom and Amex BCP approvals!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.