cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double B of A CLI approval. Should I have asked for more?

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Double B of A CLI approval. Should I have asked for more?

So I asked for a CLI on both the cash rewards and the lynch+. asked for $50k (from 30k) on the cash rewards and it came back approved instantly. Asked for 35k (from 16,800) on the lynch+ and it came back at $27,800. Am I at my new ceiling with b of a or should I have asked for higher on the cash rewards since it came back approved. In previous CLis i have asked and its approved a few grand lower (which is fine) but i felt like I left money on the table here. The link is still there should I ask again? OR Is the fact they "countered" on the second CLI a sign that im at my limit for a while. Both cards have had heavy use and i havent had a CLI for 12 months. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.07.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-08 at 1.07.40 AM.png

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double B of A CLI approval. Should I have asked for more?

Congrats on your Double CLI.  Now that's an impressive increase. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats an awesome increase. I hope to be where your at in the future. WOW. In my exp asking for CLI from them if there is a counter and you were to try it again it will go to a 7-10 message. I guess you could think about calling card services to ask for the CLI you already got to be reviewed for higher amounts.. YMMV though.

Message 3 of 7
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Wow! Congrats on your super awesome hi-roller CLI and heavy-hitter profile!!

I would tap that luv button again as there’s no harm in doing it. They won’t HP you again so worst case is they’ll just say no due to just recent increase. If you really need that extra then just call their UW/analysts and plead your case. Again, the worst thing is a “no” but you already won with those big fat double barreled increases!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:
Wow! Congrats on your super awesome hi-roller CLI and heavy-hitter profile!!

I would tap that luv button again as there’s no harm in doing it. They won’t HP you again so worst case is they’ll just say no due to just recent increase. If you really need that extra then just call their UW/analysts and plead your case. Again, the worst thing is a “no” but you already won with those big fat double barreled increases!

+100

The luv button remains until that night's batch processing is completed. IME if you had tried it a 2nd time on the same card it would have triggered a manual review using the same HP.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the CLI across 2 different cards.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that info regarding a poss manual review. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.