Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash CLI 15k

tag
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Double Cash CLI 15k

Well, that was easy. I did not request more. Was at 13k. Going to close my Cash+ soon, so trying to make up for it...

cc-dccli.png

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Cash CLI 15k

Wow.. Congrats to you... Very nice CL

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice cli on the DC, it's an awesome card.

Why closing the Cash+? 5% on two rotating categories you can actually pick seems hard to beat.

Message 3 of 7
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

I used to use the 5% categories but they don't have any I use anymore (restaurants? hotels? bill pay? miss those). Same with the 2% categories, I liked the drugstore one and that one's gone. More importantly, someone frauded my card in the summer and they still haven't resolved it. It's a measly $70 and any other card would have made it disappear for good customer kudos. Based on this terrible CS experience I am choosing to close the card once the fraud case is resolved. It's my only Visa (and Sig) so I needed a card to replace it. Once I saw the Uber card, I knew it would be a good fit for me, and it was a Visa so that pretty much chopped the Cash+. I also hate the Cash+ website, is it from the 90s? Very impressed with the Uber website so far in that it posts the points directly with the transactions so you know you got the right percent. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my Cash+, my roommate is able to use his on dining so I'm assuming there's at least some usability as far as the categories available. 5% back on dining is better than 4% though! I guess I'm just wondering why you'd close it instead of just throw it in the sock drawer and let it pad your AAoA or have it just in case some better 5% categories open up for you in the future. The card has no AF so it's not hurting ya or anything. You never know when you might see something you wanna buy and use the Cash+ to maybe get 5% back. Future has lots of possibilities! I think you can use it for 5% back on gas and Walmart sometimes but I'm not sure. Not a lot of 5% cards out there.

Message 5 of 7
iamdetermined
Frequent Contributor

Nice!! Congrats darkpearl!
**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Citi $20k || Macy's $20K || Amex Cash Magnet $1.4k || CO QuickSilver $11,750 || Wells Fargo $9,500 || PayPal MC $8K || Amex ED $5,500 || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $7.5K || Victoria’s Secret $5k || Discover IT $11.9k || Chase $12.5k || HFCU Plat. CC $2K || PenFed $500

*OVERALL CREDIT CARD LIMITS: $163,150*

NLOC $6K
US Alliance LOC $2K
Student Loans: $40k+

FICO 8 - 4/25/17: EQ 648 - EX 654 - TU 632
FICO 8 - 8/27/18: EQ 684 - EX 696 - TU 713
FICO8 1/14/22: EX 713 - EQ 703 -TU 723
FICO 8 4/7/23: EX 713 - EQ 715 -TU 729
FICO 8 4/30/23: EX 733
Message 6 of 7
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

You have to choose your categories in advance so it would have to be a purchase planned 3+ months in advance. I'm really annoyed with the CS experience and if I SD it, and someone frauds it again, I am not waiting another year for them to clear the charges. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.