Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double Cash CLI

I was calling on all my credit cards today to get all the information on them to keep in one exel doc.. While doing so, I requested APR reductions and soft pull CLI's wherever possible..  I was doing good until I got to my Double Cash...  $2,600 just was not enough for me to be able to use it without worrying about util..  I took a hard pull on it, but it paid off!!!  That card is now at $10,000 and I can finally use it without worrying about util!!  Between that, a few APR reductions, and a few CL increases, am now VERY satisfied with where I am at and can finally garden long term.  

Thank you MyFicoers for sharing all your experiences.. while I'm a relatively new member and haven't posted near as much as many of you, I have lurked for quite a while and have learned an immense amount of information from all of you!  Now time to garden.. only inquiries on the horizon are a vehicle loan within 2 years and a mortgage to follow.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double Cash CLI

That was definitely worth the HP. Congrats.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freakin A! The only other one on the list is my Costco card.. Using it for gas as I have been is no problem to keep it under 10% or $500/mo.. but if I travel in the future and want to take advantage of 3% on hotels, rental cars, airfare... it needs to grow a bit. They offered to transfer some of my DC limit to it, but for the time being, I think it's best to keep the full 10k on my DC and keep my Costco at 5k. Man, never would have expected THESE to be my concerns even 1 year ago.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a very nice CLI, congrats on the approval. In 2 years this HP will be gone and you can request $30k next time Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My next goal is to get each of my cards to at least $12,250 with a total credit limit of at least $100,000. The $12,250/ card would allow me to put over $1000 on any given card and still be under 9% util on any card. The $100,000 total CL is just peace of mind.  If I had to choose any specific card to get up to $30,000+, the Double Cash would definately be the one...  My other cards are all relatively limited in that I only use them for certain categories.  My PCMCU offers 5% back but only up to $1000 in spend per month... so for a general spend card- the Double Cash would be the one.  I'll get there. Smiley Happy   Imagine buying an ATV or other large purchase on a CC, paying in full and getting 2% back..  On say an $10,000 machine, that'd be $200 in rewards in one go!  Someday! Though, with my current income and spending, I'm more than satisfied with where I'm at.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! What a bump on CL! That was certainly worth the HP. I can't seem to get them to budge on mine. Maybe after some of my INQs fall off, I'll try the same.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on other stories I read, I figured they'd come back at $3800 or something.. did not expect to receive the full $10,000...  I was very polite with the rep I spoke to before transfering me to the credit analyst..  Also polite with him and thanked him etc..  I told him that I have several other cards with much higher limits, my average being about 10k and that I would definately move most of my spending to the DC if it had that type of limit.. I also mentioned I've never missed a payment on anything in my life and that I'm in love with these Citi products- just wish I could use them more.  He put me on hold for several minutes before coming back to approve for the full 10k..  I almost wonder if I left anything on the table.. but also couldn't fathom requesting anything more.. this was just short of 4x CLI as it is.  There's hope, just keep trying.

Message 7 of 17
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase! If you don't mind me asking what are your scores currently? I want request a HP cli soon but want to make sure my scores are high enough

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get my scores free from Discover (TU), AMEX (EX), and Citi(EQ). They are 741, 713, and 729 as of 8/5, 8/6, and 7/26 respectively...they've dipped with having a few new accounts this year but are currently back up to about what they were when I originally got it. I think just the solid usage and payment history is what they were looking for.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your great CLI!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.