Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Cash and BCE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double Cash and BCE

So my brother has lived in the Dave Ramsey world and thus has only had one credit card, the Chase Freedom for almost 10 years now.

He got it in HS with a 500 limit and just two months ago he got increased automatically to 1500.

He always pays in full so after showing him how much money he could be getting in cash back a year instead of just using his debit card, he applied for Citi Double Cash, instant acceptance with a CL of 7k. Then he app'd for the AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, 10k.

His vantage score through chase was a 740, 50 k income, never missed a payment.

He believed checking your own score was a hard pull so he's never done it before until I explained it but he's learning now haha

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Double Cash and BCE

Congrats to your brother there!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to your bro...!

very nice!

Message 3 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Congrats to your brother on both new cards. I'd have him garden now so he can add some age to the new cards. I wouldn't wanna take a chance in getting more as it could lead to AA (credit seeking behavior).

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:
Congrats to your brother on both new cards. I'd have him garden now so he can add some age to the new cards. I wouldn't wanna take a chance in getting more as it could lead to AA (credit seeking behavior).

Yeah he really isn't interested in more than 3 cards, maybe in a year he might go for the amazon visa but other than that he's done probably for years.

Message 5 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

That's a good idea. I'd give it atleast a year, show some history and good balance/responsibility with the new accounts.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on both approvals and nice SLs !!!!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Nice pick ups for your brother!

Message 8 of 9
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Did he sign up for the $150 bonus for the Double Cash?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.