Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double US Bank Approvals

tag
Calicurli
New Contributor

Double US Bank Approvals

So excited!

I called US Bank (have had their Cash + Visa since late July and already paid off the balance) to inquire about refinancing my auto loan.

The rep immediately informed me after submitting the application that I was pre-approved for both an additional Cash + Visa and their 365 AMEX without an additional hard pull.

I am awaiting the cl of the Visa; the AMEX has a limit of only $1K, but has better terms than my current AMEX Blue Cash - 0% on purchases for the next 12 billing cycles and no annual fee!

On a related note: from having the first Cash + Visa and paying on time, I was also told I was eligible for a Gold Checking and Savings package, with no maintenance fees. They also were the first of my newest creditors to report the card right away. 

If any of you are looking for a new card or financial institution, you may want to check them out!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double US Bank Approvals

Nice, congrats on the US Bank Amex/Visa approvals... It is a great feeling to get two at the same time Smiley Wink, enjoy them

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great start with US Bank! You got on their quality list early. Enjoy your new found banking relationship.
Message 3 of 16
Calicurli
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice, congrats on the US Bank Amex/Visa approvals... It is a great feeling to get two at the same time Smiley Wink, enjoy them

Thank you! I did not even know that was possible. looking forward to them helping me lower my overall utilization.

Message 4 of 16
Calicurli
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Great start with US Bank! You got on their quality list early. Enjoy your new found banking relationship.

Thank you! I am hoping it continues. They told me they are more of a relationship-based bank, which I tend to believe.  I believe they are the only ones of my creditors who still have US-based 24x7 customer service, which is a plus.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

GZ, those are some nice cards Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Calicurli wrote:

So excited!

I called US Bank (have had their Cash + Visa since late July and already paid off the balance) to inquire about refinancing my auto loan.

The rep immediately informed me after submitting the application that I was pre-approved for both an additional Cash + Visa and their 365 AMEX without an additional hard pull.

I am awaiting the cl of the Visa; the AMEX has a limit of only $1K, but has better terms than my current AMEX Blue Cash - 0% on purchases for the next 12 billing cycles and no annual fee!

On a related note: from having the first Cash + Visa and paying on time, I was also told I was eligible for a Gold Checking and Savings package, with no maintenance fees. They also were the first of my newest creditors to report the card right away. 

If any of you are looking for a new card or financial institution, you may want to check them out!

Yes, not only is Gold Checking free as long as you have a US Bank credit card, but Gold Checking entitles you to have up to 2 more Easy Checking accounts with no monthly fees. Its a nice way to budget. I have a certain amount of my paycheck direct deposited to an easy checking account which is for paying all my monthly bills, then I have the rest direct deposited into the Gold account for regular expenses such as food or entertainment. It makes it easy, since that way you know the main bills are always covered.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 16
SprintToFinish
New Contributor

Calicurli, Awesome & Congrats! I bank with USBank also. Would you mind sharing what APR you got on the Refi?
Start: 7/25/16 EQ: 605 TU: 597 EX: 611
Current: EQ: 703 TU: 741 EX: 700

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 16
Calicurli
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.