Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double World of Hyatt Approval and headache

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double World of Hyatt Approval and headache

I applied for the new Hyatt card last week, originally seeing the 30 day message. A week later it turned into the 7-10 day robot message, which I assumed was a straight denial as I was 16/24 with about 4 in the last 3 months.

So it goes without saying I was expecting the denial.

I decided to apply with my fiancé’s account as we saw great value in the annual free night, and in the Hyatt program. She was approved instantly with just under $20k SL.

However, today I received a verification letter, which is strange as I have chase accounts. So I called recon and was approved for the minimum $5k.

Now the headache is I have to carefully manage both accounts to hit the $3k mark each in 3 months and then the $6k total in 6 months!

I think we can manage that with the wedding upcoming and luckily can charge NYC rent on a card with a 3% fee - which I would normally avoid at all costs, but it might be last resort.

I’ll share the stats for my approval, as it the more common situation on here.

16/24
4/3 months (including a chase card)
730-750 FICOs.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Double World of Hyatt Approval and headache

Congrats, awesome approvals! They're great cards!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I'm eyeing on Hyatt Card too because of the big SUB. Not sure when it'll be gone. But I'm afraid of Chase shutdown as I'm on 8/24, 5/12.

Message 4 of 6
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I was well over where you are when I was approved. Haven't had any issues and Chase seemed to like my profile anyway. The SUB I got is enough to cover Hyatt Orlando for 6 nights.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 5 of 6
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Awesome approval- congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.