Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double approval plus my credit history

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Double approval plus my credit history

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your credit success! You have some really nice cards. I just wanted to bring up that you should be able to pc your Capital One Platinum to the no annual fee Capital One Quicksilver. 

If you do a search on the forum,  you should see the link to check. Just something to think about.

Capital One check for upgrade link

Message 21 of 29
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approvals and success!

|  
Message 22 of 29
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approvals and all the progress you've made! 

Message 23 of 29
eleven_eighteen
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your credit success! You have some really nice cards. I just wanted to bring up that you should be able to pc your Capital One Platinum to the no annual fee Capital One Quicksilver. 

If you do a search on the forum,  you should see the link to check. Just something to think about.

Yes, thank you, and thanks to @AllZero for the link. I saw that on here the other day and I am able to do that PC already. I'm gonna wait a while, I've got a goal to meet on the newest Chase and want to continue working on paying down the older Chase. I am definitely going to keep that in mind and have the link saved for possible future use. From what I've read it seems unlikely I'll ever get a large CL on the Platinum, right? So the idea is to change to the new card and that will get them to give more limit eventually? I may be confusing that with something else, been taking in a lot of information since joining these forums!

Discover it Miles - Dec '18 - $6000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited - Dec '19 - $2,500 | Capital One Platinum - Dec '19 - $500
Citi Double Cash - Jul '20 - $1,600 | Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold - Jul '20 - $6,400 | Total $17,000
Message 24 of 29
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@eleven_eighteen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, thank you, and thanks to @AllZero for the link. I saw that on here the other day and I am able to do that PC already. I'm gonna wait a while, I've got a goal to meet on the newest Chase and want to continue working on paying down the older Chase. I am definitely going to keep that in mind and have the link saved for possible future use. From what I've read it seems unlikely I'll ever get a large CL on the Platinum, right? So the idea is to change to the new card and that will get them to give more limit eventually? I may be confusing that with something else, been taking in a lot of information since joining these forums!

@eleven_eighteen  Capital One product change does not require a HP. Nothing changes on the account besides the rewards structure and card design. Recommended is PC to the Quicksilver. Do not PC to the Quicksilver One (that has an annual fee). The reason for the PC is to get the 1.5% cash back. Do you want zero rewards or 1.5% cash back?

If you are in a bucket, then more often than not, it's really difficult to get out of that bucket unless you put a lot of spend on the card.

Credit Card Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and why some subprime card never grow or graduate

Message 25 of 29
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@eleven_eighteen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The likelihood of getting a CLI with the PCd card will remain the same. The difference is just you'll be able to earn rewards. A bucketed Platinum will still be a bucketed QuickSilver. 

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a plan. And from the dps listed on myFICO, the starter cards Platinum, Quicksilver One are either super hard to grow to large limits or seem to be capped at a lower credit limit than the more prime Capital One cards (I notice people using the term bucketed to refer to this lower limit).

The idea behind product changing to the Quicksilver from the Platinum or Quicksilver One is to get 1.5% cashback and get rid of the annual fee respectively. It may still be difficult to get cli on the pc'd Quicksilver as Cap One is stingy with credit limit increases. 

The good thing is cli are soft pull with Capital One, but you have to show a decent amount of spend on the account for several months before requesting one to justify it. Even then you might not get as big of an increase as you were hoping for.

Allzero beat me to it. What he/she said!

Message 27 of 29
eleven_eighteen
Established Member

@AllZero wrote:

@eleven_eighteen wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@eleven_eighteen  Capital One product change does not require a HP. Nothing changes on the account besides the rewards structure and card design. Recommended is PC to the Quicksilver. Do not PC to the Quicksilver One (that has an annual fee). The reason for the PC is to get the 1.5% cash back. Do you want zero rewards or 1.5% cash back?

If you are in a bucket, then more often than not, it's really difficult to get out of that bucket unless you put a lot of spend on the card.

Credit Card Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) and why some subprime card never grow or graduate

I will definitely keep it in mind. I have multiple other cards that get 1.5% and now the Double Cash at 2%, and just don't see myself putting much if anything on the Cap One for a while, at least until I spend the $1k to get the bonus on the new Chase. Have really reeled in my spending since the virus stuff started as it just feels best to be saving right now, so the $1k is gonna be a bit hard to reach. Once I do I will focus more on putting regular usage on all my cards.

Discover it Miles - Dec '18 - $6000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited - Dec '19 - $2,500 | Capital One Platinum - Dec '19 - $500
Citi Double Cash - Jul '20 - $1,600 | Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold - Jul '20 - $6,400 | Total $17,000
Message 28 of 29
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Great job!  Congratulations!!! 🎉

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.