Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double dipping BBVA for $30K!

tag
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Double dipping BBVA for $30K!

OK boys and girls. I have another tidbit for those that are in the BBVA service area. Yesterday I was goofing around in my BBVA account.

I've had pre-approvals for both Rewards CC 1.5 to 2% as well as another Clearpoints CC.

Normally when you accept one, the other disappears. 

Well, that didn't happen yesterday. Smiley LOL

I noticed BBVA is now offering $200 on the SUBs this month. Hmmmm, I know I can't get the SUB on the Clearpoints.

Since I have already collected it on the current one. So I walked through the prequal.

Before I go any further. I have to say BBVA's system for apping is now the best I've exprienced out of any bank or CU I've dealt with. It is completely streamlined!

You get your prequal. This a old pic as the APRs have dropped since then.

BBVA prequal.png

Once you hit submit and acknowledge the HP is coming. Which by the way seems like forever!!lol

You'll get another screen instructing that the system will send a verification text to your phone.

Once submitted, the wheel will spin again, like forever!! And your congrats will pop up.

BBVA approval 1.png

Next screen is your terms and APR.

BBVA Approval 3.png

After all of this, the card will be in your account! I wondered why it spun so long. My guess is , the system is generating your account right there, in real time. Which is pretty cool!! lol

Ok this is where it gets good. I apped early afternoon for the Rewards CC. Late last night I had a thought to go in the account and make sure my bill was paid. 2nd thought was to see if the other prequal had vanished. 

Well it hadn't! Now with most things like this YMMV. I've seen other systems kick out any attempt to take another offer.

This one didn't! After hitting the submit button I was expecting another HP. At the present time that HP hasn't shown up.

So it would seem I obtained two cards on the same HP! Smiley LOL

Both with nearly identical terms except the Clearpoint is 0% for 13 months on purchases.

BBVA 2nd Clear points approval.png

The 2nd app I did on my phone as I was already laying in bed.

I obtained the 1st CC roughly 5 years ago when it was the NBA Amex and the 1st Clearpoints over a year ago.

DPs EX9 low 800ish and EX vantage score also low 800ish.

12 inqs now 13 inqs.

Two new accounts reported in the last month.

Reported TCLs without the most recent Apps, CLIs or hidden TLs is $843,300.

Current view of BBVA online account below. Previous BBVA exposure $29,500. Current $59,500.

BBVA 4 cards view.png

73 REPLIES 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Double dipping BBVA for $30K!

Congrats on yout approvals!

Message 2 of 74
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous thanks!!

Message 3 of 74
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well, well, grats on the double dip Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 74
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

images.pngcongrats on both approvals. 

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 5 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

... I obtained two cards on the same HP! Smiley LOL

Congrats! G on your approval x two Smiley Happy & thank you for the great intel & DPs.

Presently I have both cards and have been sitting on two preapprovals -- assuming I could grab either/or. I may have to put this new intel to the test. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals! 

Message 7 of 74
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

OK boys and girls. I have another tidbit for those that are in the BBVA service area. Yesterday I was goofing around in my BBVA account.

I've had pre-approvals for both Rewards CC 1.5 to 2% as well as another Clearpoints CC.

Normally when you accept one, the other disappears. 

Well, that didn't happen yesterday. Smiley LOL

I noticed BBVA is now offering $200 on the SUBs this month. Hmmmm, I know I can't get the SUB on the Clearpoints.

Since I have already collected it on the current one. So I walked through the prequal.

Before I go any further. I have to say BBVA's system for apping is now the best I've exprienced out of any bank or CU I've dealt with. It is completely streamlined!

You get your prequal. This a old pic as the APRs have dropped since then.

BBVA prequal.png

Once you hit submit and acknowledge the HP is coming. Which by the way seems like forever!!lol

You'll get another screen instructing that the system will send a verification text to your phone.

Once submitted, the wheel will spin again, like forever!! And your congrats will pop up.

BBVA approval 1.png

Next screen is your terms and APR.

BBVA Approval 3.png

After all of this, the card will be in your account! I wondered why it spun so long. My guess is , the system is generating your account right there, in real time. Which is pretty cool!! lol

Ok this is where it gets good. I apped early afternoon for the Rewards CC. Late last night I had a thought to go in the account and make sure my bill was paid. 2nd thought was to see if the other prequal had vanished. 

Well it hadn't! Now with most things like this YMMV. I've seen other systems kick out any attempt to take another offer.

This one didn't! After hitting the submit button I was expecting another HP. At the present time that HP hasn't shown up.

So it would seem I obtained two cards on the same HP! Smiley LOL

Both with nearly identical terms except the Clearpoint is 0% for 13 months on purchases.

BBVA 2nd Clear points approval.png

The 2nd app I did on my phone as I was already laying in bed.

I obtained the 1st CC roughly 5 years ago when it was the NBA Amex and the 1st Clearpoints over a year ago.

DPs EX9 low 800ish and EX vantage score also low 800ish.

12 inqs now 13 inqs.

Two new accounts reported in the last month.

Reported TCLs without the most recent CLIs or hidden TLs is $843,300.

Current view of BBVA online account below. Previous BBVA exposure $29,500. Current $59,500.

BBVA 4 cards view.png

Wow, very nice @Gmood1 . Looks like that mil is coming soonSmiley Happy  I would congratulate you but apparently that is taboo and frowned upon from what ive read here recentlySmiley Sad......

But for you ill make  an exception.  Even with all the 💩 going on you've  always been a positive  force here and with me so  CONGRATS😄

Message 8 of 74
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! ..

Message 9 of 74
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Gmood1, Can you call BBVA and tell them to fix their Pre-Qual site,

as they have a branch in CA not to far from me .. but The Pre_qual page does'nt work in CaliforniaSmiley Tongue

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.