cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drunken Nordstrom Apping (UPDATE: 4/28/19)

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Drunken Nordstrom Apping (UPDATE: 4/28/19)

First off, I want to say, I don't know what happened. I don't even shop at Nordstrom's. I prefer Macy's. I guess I'm gonna have to start now. Normally my reports are frozen so this wouldn't happen, but I had temporarily unlocked them for CLI attempts and prequals and forgot to put them back on ice. I was firmly in the garden with no plans to app for at least a year. And then...Friday night happened.

Sometime that night I applied and was approved for a Nordstrom's retail card. I had no idea what limit I was approved for and decided after a few more drinks to call in sometime after midnight. I don't know why I thought someone would answer, but I was pretty surprised when someone answered. Turns out they're open 24 hours. The lady wanted to verify my info. It took me giving her my birthday 3 times before I realized she wanted my name. She also threw me for a loop by asking for the last 6 of my SSN. I told her my last 4 and she asked for the last 6. I told her the last 4 and she asked for the last 6. Pretty sure I must have looked pretty confused because it was at that point my wife wanted to know who the hell I was calling at 1 in the morning. She told me the lady wanted the last 6 of my SSN to which I replied, "who TF asks for the last 6? Who TF knows their last 6?" Then it came to me and I gave her the last 6.

The lady put me on hold and came back congratulating me for being approved for a store card. "Yeah, I know, but what's the limit?" She told me $300 and a string of profanities were my response. I told her that wasn't gonna work because I wanted a $400 Gucci wallet. At this point my wife wanted to know **bleep** I wanted a $400 wallet for and I said, "so I can be Gucci af?" Told my wife to name-drop the Target card and my recent CLIs, cause they're both handled by TD Bank. Instead, wife thanked the lady and hung up. Needless to say, my wife cut me off, but it didn't stop me and my friends from trying to act out the nativity scene with a stuffed penguin in front of a house that still had Christmas lights and a gingerbread house still up.

The next day I called in, sober, to find out how I can recon the starting limit. I didn't want the card, but I figured, now that I have it, might as well try to make the best of it. The lady from the night before had already submitted a request and I was told that I should call in a couple of days if I don't receive a call from them.

Data points:

- Mid-600 score, don't know what it is as my balances updated throughout the weekend. Will need the letter to find out.

- utilization is around 40-50%

- DTI is around 17%

- $70k income

- like 14 inquiries on EX, which is who they pulled

- 5 collections accounts on EX, should be 3

EDIT: just got an alert from Experian, Nordstrom has already reported my new account.

EDIT: when I got the alert, it was showing no credit limit and reporting as of the 1st of April. Now it's all updated.

PhotoGrid_1555875540056.jpg

Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Drunken Nordstrom Apping

That was wonderfully told. 😂🍸 Congrats on your approval there.
Message 2 of 88
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Golly. Wow. Gee. Congrats?

No words.

Message 3 of 88
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Congratulations, or I'm terribly sorry... whichever applies...  Smiley Tongue

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 88
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats, Bree Bree!

Did you ask them if they know who you are?

Message 5 of 88
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!! Don't forget to update your siggy! 😀

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 6 of 88
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Congrats, Bree Bree!

Did you ask them if they know who you are?

I tried waving my Delta Gold at my phone

Message 7 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your drunken Nordstrom card approval! At least it wasn't a denial! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 88
JaseT
Established Contributor

it was at that point my wife wanted to know who the hell I was calling at 1 in the morning.

I hope you took that perfect opportunity to tell her that it was 'Jake with State Farm'!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 9 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised

That’s all I got! Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.