cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drunken Nordstrom Apping (UPDATE: 4/28/19)

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Drunken Nordstrom Apping

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@UncleB @Remedios you two are great, but I need a "get your ass back in the garden!" I was kidding about the new app btw.

Alright, get your whatever back in the garden and no more threads unless you run them by me first while they are still an idea. 

Message 31 of 88
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

CONGRATS on your Approval and one heck of a story!!!Smiley Surprised
AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 32 of 88
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

OMG you described that in such detail and funny as hell. 

"who TF asks for the last 6? Who TF knows their last 6?" I am dying over here Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Thanks and congrats I supposeSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 33 of 88
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval and winning personality that is making me not regret eDopting you. ❤️
Message 34 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lmao I have done some off the wall stuff when i was in the sauce but I’ve never come out of a drunken Friday night with a new line of credit. This story just improved my Monday - no small feat. Congrats!
Message 35 of 88
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

I'm not sure if I should give you a congrats or a lecture on the evils of drinking. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 36 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

First off, I want to say, I don't know what happened. I don't even shop at Nordstrom's. I prefer Macy's. I guess I'm gonna have to start now. Normally my reports are frozen so this wouldn't happen, but I had temporarily unlocked them for CLI attempts and prequals and forgot to put them back on ice. I was firmly in the garden with no plans to app for at least a year. And then...Friday night happened.

Sometime that night I applied and was approved for a Nordstrom's retail card. I had no idea what limit I was approved for and decided after a few more drinks to call in sometime after midnight. I don't know why I thought someone would answer, but I was pretty surprised when someone answered. Turns out they're open 24 hours. The lady wanted to verify my info. It took me giving her my birthday 3 times before I realized she wanted my name. She also threw me for a loop by asking for the last 6 of my SSN. I told her my last 4 and she asked for the last 6. I told her the last 4 and she asked for the last 6. Pretty sure I must have looked pretty confused because it was at that point my wife wanted to know who the hell I was calling at 1 in the morning. She told me the lady wanted the last 6 of my SSN to which I replied, "who TF asks for the last 6? Who TF knows their last 6?" Then it came to me and I gave her the last 6.

The lady put me on hold and came back congratulating me for being approved for a store card. "Yeah, I know, but what's the limit?" She told me $300 and a string of profanities were my response. I told her that wasn't gonna work because I wanted a $400 Gucci wallet. At this point my wife wanted to know **bleep** I wanted a $400 wallet for and I said, "so I can be Gucci af?" Told my wife to name-drop the Target card and my recent CLIs, cause they're both handled by TD Bank. Instead, wife thanked the lady and hung up. Needless to say, my wife cut me off, but it didn't stop me and my friends from trying to act out the nativity scene with a stuffed penguin in front of a house that still had Christmas lights and a gingerbread house still up.

The next day I called in, sober, to find out how I can recon the starting limit. I didn't want the card, but I figured, now that I have it, might as well try to make the best of it. The lady from the night before had already submitted a request and I was told that I should call in a couple of days if I don't receive a call from them.

Data points:

- Mid-600 score, don't know what it is as my balances updated throughout the weekend. Will need the letter to find out.

- utilization is around 40-50%

- DTI is around 17%

- $70k income

- like 14 inquiries on EX, which is who they pulled

- 5 collections accounts on EX, should be 3

EDIT: just got an alert from Experian, Nordstrom has already reported my new account.

EDIT: when I got the alert, it was showing no credit limit and reporting as of the 1st of April. Now it's all updated.

PhotoGrid_1555875540056.jpg

LOLOL i am laughing WITH you.  i have done these kinds of things myself.  I read this and nearly peed, then i laughed at that too LOL  congrats?  well i have one or two SD cards due to this.  i however, have not gotten to the point of calling in like you did, TOO funny. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 88
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@MakingProgress wrote:

I'm not sure if I should give you a congrats or a lecture on the evils of drinking. 

Actually, I rarely drink, maybe once or twice a year. My father was an alcoholic and thankfully it didn't pass on to me. That being said, I'm quite the popular person when I drink as I'm a happy drunk and unpredictable. Some of my adventures include trying to lead a mutiny to take over a cruise ship( yes, I spoke like a pirate), trying to climb the sphinx at Luxor (I settled for climbing a statue), trying to take a police horse on a joyride, negotiating the release of a hostage(another drunk in the back of a police car), disappearing at a company holiday party which resulted in a search party; among others.

Message 38 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval. DRUNK APPING is a new one for me...

Now you just need to add the Garden Recycle Bin to your siggy...
Message 39 of 88
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on the approval. DRUNK APPING is a new one for me...

Now you just need to add the Garden Recycle Bin to your siggy...

Not quite yet

Message 40 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.