cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drunken Nordstrom Apping (UPDATE: 4/28/19)

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Drunken Nordstrom Apping

This is the best part of my Monday - thank you for the story.

And Congrats (!/?)

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 41 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL @ the comment that at least the [$300 limit] card can be used for utilization padding.  Smiley LOL

Message 42 of 88
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous 😂😅 it'll give me like 3.5%

Message 43 of 88
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Sorry, 3.9%

Message 44 of 88
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

UPDATE: 4/27/19

Received the card today and had to make a couple of adjustments to my account.

The first one was when I activated the card, it didn't link to my existing Nordstrom account so they synced them up and gave me points for my first purchase. Quick and painless.

Second one was weird and messed up. When you get approved, there's a sub of $40 Nordy notes (normally $20) which is equivalent to 40% back when you spend $100 the same day the account is opened. Well, I don't remember what time I applied, but it was close to midnight. What happened was the application was approved on the 18th, but the account was created on the 19th. Since I made my purchase later on the 19th, I didn't get the sub. Reason was my account was technically opened on the 18th. I was like wtfico, are you kidding me? But, I didn't have to argue with them. They put me on hold for a few minutes then asked me to check my email. I received my notes.

I had to make 2 calls as I came across these things and both times I got great customer service. Now I just need to get that limit up so I can upgrade to the visa. Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 88
McNugget
Regular Contributor

Re: Drunken Nordstrom Apping (UPDATE: 4/27/19)

I swear it took me an hour to read through your entire post because I freaking lost it after this...

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I don't even shop at Nordstrom's. I prefer Macy's.

Smiley LOL

| Amex BCP | BoA Cash Rewards | Cap1 QS | Cap1 SavorOne | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Citi DC | Citi Simplicity | Discover It Cash Back | JCrew | USB Cash+ | Target (AU) |
Message 46 of 88
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

“Oh no you didn’t”

escape the garden,

jump the fence

to snag a Macy’s, 

oops, a Nordstrom $300 CL

This is is the best story ever!

Thanks a million for sharing 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 47 of 88
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Totally laughing my rear-end off.Smiley Very Happy  I have bored app’d, revenge app’d and even app’d competively....but I’ve NEVER drunk app’d.  You’ve given me goals!😂😂

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 48 of 88
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

This is the thread that just keeps on giving.  Love the update Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 88
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Cred4All I'm still waiting on the call back. I may call in tomorrow to recon that limit.

Message 50 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.