Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duck Card APPROVED!

tag
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: Duck Card APPROVED!

@B335is wrote:
Just got a call from their credit analyst. Approved for $15k!! Im glad I went for it. Stick a fork in me now, im done.

WOW - That is Great News: Congratulations on getting the Duck Card !!  Hope it serves you well.

Now I am really excited about the Duck Card, and I want to apply for one, myself !!!

By the way... What IS a "Duck Card" ??

Message 21 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Just got a call from their credit analyst. Approved for $15k!! Im glad I went for it. Stick a fork in me now, im done.

WOW - That is Great News: Congratulations on getting the Duck Card !!  Hope it serves you well.

Now I am really excited about the Duck Card, and I want to apply for one, myself !!!

Thanks!  It's not the prettiest thing, but it's not always just about looks.

Duck Card

Message 22 of 40
watch44
Frequent Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@B335is wrote:

A credit card from an Oregon credit union with the logo of the University of Oregon which is a bright yellow "O" on a green background. And their school mascot is a duck I think. 

It just seems wierd all of you guys are super excited about a college themed credit card, regardless of the credit limits. What will you say when you use it and some UO alum tries to give you a duck handshake or whatever it is they do in Oregon?

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 23 of 40
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Living close to UofM I cant wait to see the reaction I get haha.

If I was eligible I would have gone for NFCU but im not. DFCU really gave me the cold shoulder here. Honestly I was just looking for 1 CU card that was known to give a decent limit and thats all.
Message 24 of 40
watch44
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Living close to UofM I cant wait to see the reaction I get haha.

If I was eligible I would have gone for NFCU but im not. DFCU really gave me the cold shoulder here. Honestly I was just looking for 1 CU card that was known to give a decent limit and thats all.

That's understandable. Maybe "weird" was too strong a word, rather I think it's amusing. Don't mind me and my hang-ups. Please resume the Duck Card love! Cat Happy

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 25 of 40
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

Need advice on applying for the Duck Card......if I have several new accounts that have been opened but have not reported to the bureau yet but have substantially higher limits than my others should I wait until those report or should I apply before those hit my report.  Most of my current accounts have limits of around 5,000 each but have recently got two accounts recenty that have 15,000 limits but they arent on reports yet.   PLEASE ADVISE.......

Message 26 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 27 of 40
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Sooners2013 wrote:

Need advice on applying for the Duck Card......if I have several new accounts that have been opened but have not reported to the bureau yet but have substantially higher limits than my others should I wait until those report or should I apply before those hit my report.  Most of my current accounts have limits of around 5,000 each but have recently got two accounts recenty that have 15,000 limits but they arent on reports yet.   PLEASE ADVISE.......

Higher limits beget higher limits, only you can decide whether to pull the trigger now or after those new ones report. Here is the master file on this card you may be able to find the info you are looking for http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Duck-card-approval-profiles/m-p/2510735#M717770

Message 28 of 40
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

+1
Message 29 of 40
alvon123
Super Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Sooners2013 wrote:

Higher limits beget higher limits, only you can decide whether to pull the trigger now or after those new ones report. Here is the master file on this card you may be able to find the info you are looking for http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Duck-card-approval-profiles/m-p/2510735#M717770

+1

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.