Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited Approval :-) 2.0

tag
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited Approval :-) 2.0

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats ! it will have signifigant value to you and the Family,, I have my eye on this card but it will have to wait a few months i have a 4% sub offer on a chase FU i am going to app in sept befor the mail offer exspires .... i will pull the trigger on the quacker on the first of the year enjoy the card...

@SarahJo wrote:

With camping, 2 children in sports for 3 seasons, and my husband driving an hour to and from work (see link) this card has served us wonderfully.  I have also tested the card at varying "sporting goods" stores, including local bike shops (husband and son downhill mountain bike, not cheap haha), and most places qualify for the 5% CB!

I'm eyeing the Chase too ;-)  Really though, 5% CB on the Thule rack for the new car was really nice...a lot falls into that "sporting goods" category, including a lot of places for school clothes shopping! 

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 11 of 48
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the CLI and on getting the card to begin with! It's a goal card for me, but I'm pretty sure I'd be insta-denied for now. I would get great value from both 5% categories.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 12 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me more about what sporting goods stores will work, I just got the card. Also for gas, works inside the store as well as at the pump?
Message 13 of 48
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Please tell me more about what sporting goods stores will work, I just got the card. Also for gas, works inside the store as well as at the pump?

Sure!  For sporting goods thus far we've received the 5% from: Dick's Sporting Goods, Bass Pro, Backcountry.com, bike shops that also sell ski and fitness equipment (local and online).  Nike.com does not earn the benefit.  What you purchase does not matter, just the store...need underwear and Dick's or Backcountry carry it? You're set. I can update a list as time goes on with more experimenting, I've only had the card for 8 months. 

In my experience for gas stations it works inside and at the pump.  It is regardless of whether it's for a sandwich or to fill your tank, the benefit is 5%.  

P.S. The website is a bit clunky, but works.  When linking an account to pay your bill you can only link 1 single account, not muiltiple.  I was told by a CSR that if you use a computer and the app that you are able to link one account to make app payments and another to make payments via computer...I just stick to changing the accounts manually on the computer if I wish to pay from a different checking account, which works just fine and is instant.  Secondly, the points system is redeemable in 2,500 increments only ($25)...we receive $25/$50 back consistently each month. :-)

Message 14 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all info!! CLI @ 4 or 6 months?
Message 15 of 48
SarahJo
Established Contributor

4 months, I've called in and had two SP CLI's @ $3500 each time. 

Message 16 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s what’s up! That is awesome to hear! I’m excited!
Message 17 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, did you get a Platinum or a Signature? I got a Platinum, wonder if they'll upgrade to Signature? Are there added benefits for Signature with FNBO?
Message 18 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Message 19 of 48
SarahJo
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey, did you get a Platinum or a Signature? I got a Platinum, wonder if they'll upgrade to Signature? Are there added benefits for Signature with FNBO?

I received the Platinum as well, my SL was only $1,100...good question about upgrading to a Signature due to it's current $8,100 limit.  I have no idea if there is a signature or if there are benfits for it with FNBO, maybe someone else can answer that intelligently haha.

Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.