Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ducks Unlimited Approved

tag
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Ducks Unlimited Approved

Hello,

I applied for Ducks Unlimited card last month and it went pending, I received a letter in the mail to send form SSA-89 which is to authorize the bank to contact SSA to verify your SSN. I did that and received an approval email. They approved me for $4,500 SL which I will lower to $2,000.

I am proud of being approved for this tough card and happy to earn 5% with no memberships or fees.

I had no INQ on EX in the last year but I have 13 total on the report. My score was 797 at the time of application but my bankcard score was probably 836 or so which I think they use for approval. I also had 3 new accounts in the last year and my oldest account was opened in March 2017 which confirms that people don't need long history to get this card.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Ducks Unlimited Approved

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 2 of 16
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats on your new card
Message 3 of 16
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Great card, congratulations!!! 🦆

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Why would you lower your limit though?
Message 5 of 16
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Congrats. You give me hope for getting this card later this year.

But, why lower the limit?

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 6 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 16
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

For those asking why I will lower the limit. If you noticed the cards in the my signature most of them have low limits. My total limit was approaching $200k and while that looks and sounds fun it just doesn't make sense given my income and how no one will ever need that much limit. I was over extended which makes it harder to get more cards with lenders who look at total exposure and risk. Also if the economy slows down the issuers will start slashing limits right and left to minimize their losses.

tldr: I need my total limit to be relative to my income and minimze my exposure to get more credit cards later

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job, p -- Congrats!

As to your lower limit explanation: I'll bet lenders wish more borrowers were like you and less like the majority of MF'ers. (I mean, more is mohr, right?) You, sir, are a beacon. (Or a unicorn Smiley Wink)

Message 9 of 16
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Do you, though? You just got approved for $4,500, so it doesn't seem to be an issue so far.

This is not a problem I have / something I have personal knowledge about. My total CLs are under a quarter of my income (under half if you include the AU card), but seems to me like a bridge you could cross once you reach it.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.