cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dw approved her 2nd Amex - Hilton honors without a pop up..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dw approved her 2nd Amex - Hilton honors without a pop up..

Since we are planning a trip this summer I figured we should get a credit card for hotels that allows us to pool points. Both already being amex members I figured Hilton was a no brainer.
Until 2 days ago her score was just under 670, and she would receive the no sub for you pop up when applying. Yesterday her score went to 670 from an inquiry aging.
This morning we woke up and noticed she was pre approved for the first time since September (her first approval)..
Of course I tried to refer her, and get 15k MR's out of it but that triggered the no sub pop up.(since I referred her in September maybe I cant refer her twice)I was nervous that she wouldn't get the sign up bonus. So I went through her pre approval on the amex site, and instant approval.( I realize I left 5k points on table by not going through hilton to apply, but wanted to be sure)
She got the highest apr 26% and a 1000 sl.
She has 3 collections newest just 6 months old. She has two other open CCs a couple store cards, and is an AU on few of my cards.
670 experian 1-2 inquiries. Aaoa 1.5 years AooA 3 years(closed store card). 1% utilization. Aoya 5 months at time of approval.
We plan to have about 500,000 Hilton points by the summer for a 5 night stay with our young son(his first vaca). Obviously we want a nice hotel. Looking to maybe go to a florida or a California beach. Son is too young for Disneyland.
I actually really like the rewards on this card getting 3 points or 1.5%. And the 6 points at gas, restaurants, and grocery stores by far our 3 biggest spend categories.
I have cards that earn 4 MRs or 5% in those categories (subs outweigh cashback or points everytime)still a great card. I'm interested in the upgrade offers they will have after 1 year. I'm guessing they are competitive with sign up bonuses for the higher af cards.
We travel once or twice a year for about 5 days so the 5th night free makes this card 20% more valuable to me.
I'm halfway to my spend for 25k MRs sub on buisness green card(I'll obviously close when af hits next year unless its seriously revamped). Then I'll transfer those points to hilton for 75k. Bringing my points to 300,000 atm.
Most likely one of us will get another sub before we have to book our trip either way all rewards are going towards Hilton. Since I'll use my Venture points (50,000 sub)for a car rental, and both have over 50,000 airline miles. She has delta, I have aa..
I'm thinking of either applying for the Hilton buisness card next month or if she is eligible get her a green biz or more likely personal card after we hit the spend requirements.
I get more excited for my DW's approvals since she has had a much tougher rebuild ("family" stealing her identity in past and putting things like cable in her name and never paying)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dw approved her 2nd Amex - Hilton honors without a pop up..

Congrats on the approval.

Message 2 of 8
Traveler101
Established Contributor

congrats!
Message 3 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats to DW!

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

BTW - Never too young for Disney! DD went for her first trip at 17 months (many more since) and loved it. They may not remember everything but you'll remember their reactions to what they see forever! And there's something to be said for them getting in for free before they turn 3....
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 6 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on DW approval!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I can't wait to bring him when hes 2.5 years old. Hes 19 months but well I to TERRIBLE TWO'S! He would love it but I dont trust the little guy lol hed probably run up to Mickey mouse and throw something at him lol. So 2021 we will be going to disney.
Still not sure of best place to go with our Hilton points and delta miles this year somewhere with a beach and preferably less than 5 hour plane ride( I worry jr would be that crying bby) but ty everyone
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.