cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELAN MAX CASH PREFERRED **APPROVED** (DPs)

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: ELAN MAX CASH PREFERRED **APPROVED** (DPs)

@Wavester64,

Congratulations .. Nice card, Nice Approval! 🎅🎄☃️

Thank for all the DP'sSmiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
sugarcreek67
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approval

>>current scores 12/11/21
EQ Fico9 759 | TU Fico9 763 | EX Fico9 768
EX fico 8 753 | EQ Fico8 745 | TU Fico 8 760 | Navy score 294
Message 12 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Given all of the data points gathered and with where you're at right now, apping for the Cash+ might have been a bit risky but your status was clearly in the range that USB has been comfortable with extending approvals.   In a few months things will have settled and aged out enough that if you have successfully gardened you'll be in a much better position to target the Cash+, or even another Max Cash issued by a different bank if that is your preference.

Congratulations on scoring an excellent approval!

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 13 of 22
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

All right all right auu rye

Message 14 of 22
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Elan Max approval 👍🏼

Message 15 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Sweet, grats on your Elan Max Cash approval Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 22
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Congrats on an awesome Elan approval!!! yahoo.gif

Message 17 of 22
Bladematthewslp
Valued Member

Congrats on the approval! What was your relationship with the bank that you got the Elan card through like before you applied? Did you have a personal checking account with them or was this a cold application without even being a member with the bank first?

Message 18 of 22
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

Given all of the data points gathered and with where you're at right now, apping for the Cash+ might have been a bit risky but your status was clearly in the range that USB has been comfortable with extending approvals.   In a few months things will have settled and aged out enough that if you have successfully gardened you'll be in a much better position to target the Cash+, or even another Max Cash issued by a different bank if that is your preference.

Congratulations on scoring an excellent approval!

Besides going thru all the posts in that closed ELAN thread, is there a way to find out what banks in a given state provide Elan Financial MCP cards? I guess the smart play would be to eventually try for another card in my own state like Valley, unless it doesn't matter.

Potential Future Cards
Message 19 of 22
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Bladematthewslp wrote:

Congrats on the approval! What was your relationship with the bank that you got the Elan card through like before you applied? Did you have a personal checking account with them or was this a cold application without even being a member with the bank first?

I had a relationship with them in the 90s, but I am 100% sure that had nothing to do with it.

So to answer your question: Yes, it was cold application without even being a member with

the bank first. I only picked Valley because by me, as the saying goes "you can't swing a dead
cat" without hitting a Valley bank. And I thought if there should ever be an issue, I could just go the bank.

Potential Future Cards
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.