cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Amex to get with no credit score ?? Update - Approved

tag
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Easiest Amex to get with no credit score ??

I wasn’t aware the plain Hilton card had no FTF with No AF. That’s unusual with Amex.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 11 of 25
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Good info about the amex rental insurance. It only covers collision but they also offer a damage waiver that covers damage not caused by a collision. It's $15 per rental.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was me posting about getting the AMEX PRG without FICO and only a three month US credit history. Wife got it too, and I am also pre-approved for the EveryDay and Magnet. Salary is high though so maybe that makes a difference. Also, BoA gave us credit cards with half decent ($1500 SL) right away when we moved over so our files were not empty.

Check out Cardmatch. Showing your interest there seems to set some wheels in motion. At least it did for me.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That was me posting about getting the AMEX PRG without FICO and only a three month US credit history. Wife got it too, and I am also pre-approved for the EveryDay and Magnet. Salary is high though so maybe that makes a difference. Also, BoA gave us credit cards with half decent ($1500 SL) right away when we moved over so our files were not empty.

Check out Cardmatch. Showing your interest there seems to set some wheels in motion. At least it did for me.

I think Salary requirement that's where I fall short.

I do get roughly 50-55 K from my government sponsorship/parents. but those doesn't count as Salary.

Message 14 of 25
SBR249
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think Salary requirement that's where I fall short.

I do get roughly 50-55 K from my government sponsorship/parents. but those doesn't count as Salary.

Depending on the lender, some will consider those sources as "income". Often there's a box you can fill in with other miscellaneous income sources that you have available to you. The main thing is if you have to show proof or documentation of said income but I believe bank statements may sometimes be sufficient. 

Message 15 of 25
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

So are you saying its not a good idea to pay in full every month on your cards? Should i always leave a minimal balance like $5 or so?
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:
So are you saying its not a good idea to pay in full every month on your cards? Should i always leave a minimal balance like $5 or so?

Pay your statement balance in full always, to avoid paying interest.  Seriously, never pay interest -- particularly CC interest which is absurdly high.  If you need a credit score boost, don't pay off your entire balance before the statement hits, as then $0 will report which is not as good as a small amount reporting.  Keep your utilization reported on every card below 9%.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're maxing out your card every month, it is recommended to pay down your balance to just under 29% at the very least before the statement cuts. For utilization purposes, more is better. But if you want "use" reported to help build credit, leave a $100 balance and PIF by the due date to avoid interest charges. IMO $5 doesn't show anything, other than you can afford a Latte once a month. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I got app for Hilton honor Amex with 6000$ limit....... no idea how I got approved. I feel like its a system error or something

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That makes at least three data points that no score may be necessary. Glad to see Amex so welcoming of us new folks....
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.