cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest Amex to get with no credit score ?? Update - Approved

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Easiest Amex to get with no credit score ??

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats! That makes at least three data points that no score may be necessary. Glad to see Amex so welcoming of us new folks....

Fico has a scoring model called EX for thin profiles that dont have a score yet. It's possible that Amex is using that for decisions in addition to LexisNexis. And while extremely unlikely, VS3 populates a score in 3 mos versus the 6 for fico, so that could have been referenced. But, ive never heard of Amex ever using VS.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just another AmEx data point. 5 month credit history, no fico score, prequalified for 3 cards on the site, app'd and approved for Amex BCE w/ starting limit of 1k. 

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just another AmEx data point. 5 month credit history, no fico score, prequalified for 3 cards on the site, app'd and approved for Amex BCE w/ starting limit of 1k. 

Congrats! 

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Been waitin for that preapproval since I started building in March! Did not expect it to happen before a fico score generated but super happy about it!

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easiest Amex to get with no credit score ?? Update - Approved

Update: my Amex Hilton Honors card just arrived and .... a FICO score of 738. Had to call Amex to make sure I have used the correct SSN #  when applying which apparently I did.

I have activated my first CC on June 5th. on my  FICO report, it shows last update was on September 5. thus making it exactly 3 months since my first CC. can someone explain to how was that possible to get FICO score of 738 in 3 months with 500 and 300 CL CC's ? Smiley Frustrated

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.