Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy $3,500 CLI ... Citi and Disco

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Easy $3,500 CLI ... Citi and Disco

My best guess.. they would open a new card and not steal from your current one.... I do not expect anywhere near the limit of your current one.... Your likely to get a much smaller card.. (as others stated, i think your getting close to a possible soft limit on total extended credit with them on cards) Discovers not known to play games like robbing one card to open another.... but even if they do... does it matter with the 3% across the board and that card may still be eligible for CLIs) There has been some talk on here about them proportedly doing away with the double cashback bonus for additional cards but it hasn't happened yet... Discover seems to treat cards separately unless otherwise stated... Currently I still would expect double cashback after the first year because Miles is slightly a different product and folks are still reporting being eligible... But as always, YMMV.. 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

Discover IT Chrome (one of my oldest cards) climbed from $49.5K to $50K! 

(I'm wondering if $50K is the maximum line they give on one card?? Does anyone know?)

Highest I've seen is about 75K and from experience 50K is a soft ceiling beforre they start asking for docs for POI.  If you let them simmer w/o activity they might budge past 50K in small increments.

Message 12 of 14
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

Discover IT Chrome (one of my oldest cards) climbed from $49.5K to $50K! 

(I'm wondering if $50K is the maximum line they give on one card?? Does anyone know?)

Highest I've seen is about 75K and from experience 50K is a soft ceiling beforre they start asking for docs for POI.  If you let them simmer w/o activity they might budge past 50K in small increments.

Thanks!

I think I heard about them asking for POI and doing a HP when someone combined limits over $50K in one situation.

Smiley LOL   Lol ... probably so true about the inactivity theory. 

Give them a little reason to sweeten the deal so I'll throw them a few bones. 

I think I've seen that at work before on my CLI's.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 13 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Im with @joltdude in that uou would probably get a new card with a possible AJC LimitSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.