cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebates Visa (pre) approval and stacking rewards.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebates Visa (pre) approval and stacking rewards.

So I got an email with a preapproval for the Ebates Visa.  Logged into my account and there it was also.  Instant $2,000 temporary limit.  I got $10 off my first purchase.  I've been wanting a Blendtec blender for quite a while but a $285 purchase had to wait.  Until today.  On top of the $10 off my first purchase, I got $5 for spending at least $25 from Ebates.  I then got 6% cash back for using Ebates to go to my account at Overstock.  That's about an $18 cash back savings.  I have an Overstock card with Club O rewards from Comenity. Overstock gave me $14.30 in rewards and free shipping on the blender even though I used my new Ebates Visa to make the purchase.  Now that's how you buy a blender.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Ebates Visa (pre) approval and stacking rewards.

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Congrats on your card, ebates is a big help! I just put a stove on my lowes card this weekend. I was approved for the ebates but you can't wait when its equipment failures. Ebates on its own was still about 34 bucks back with the 6% just like that. . My new trick is to use those occasional ebate payouts as paypal credit zero interest payments. Completely seamless. If you wanna get crazy add shopmium and ibotta in the mix. 

Message 3 of 14
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 4 of 14
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 14
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I got an email with a preapproval for the Ebates Visa.  Logged into my account and there it was also.  Instant $2,000 temporary limit.  I got $10 off my first purchase.  I've been wanting a Blendtec blender for quite a while but a $285 purchase had to wait.  Until today.  On top of the $10 off my first purchase, I got $5 for spending at least $25 from Ebates.  I then got 6% cash back for using Ebates to go to my account at Overstock.  That's about an $18 cash back savings.  I have an Overstock card with Club O rewards from Comenity. Overstock gave me $14.30 in rewards and free shipping on the blender even though I used my new Ebates Visa to make the purchase.  Now that's how you buy a blender.

May I ask where the pre-approval was on the site.  I know you said you got an email, but when you logged on, was it a banner or pop up or something?

Just curious Smiley Very Happy

Thanks and BIG CONGRATS!  This is my next card hopefully Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! This is the first pre approval for Ebates that I've seen. Enjoy the new blender.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 14
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  I wish I had joined Ebates much sooner.  Love those big fat checks! I would love the Ebates card Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

See it at the bottom of the page?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.