Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

So, I apped for the Starwood and Hilton Honors Surpass a few days ago. Both went on pending but 2 days later, I had 2 missed calls from AmEx. That same day, AmEx sent me an email that  the Hilton Honors was approved. This was about an hour after the missed calls. I kept checking the app status site for the Starwood and it remained pending. So, I finally called the following day and spoke to the CSR and was told that the Starwood has been denied. Normally, when that happens, the site app status site gets updated and will have a declined status on it. But not this time. I had 2 hard pulls from AmEx from EX, score is 726. I wonder if I should call again and follow up or site hasn't been updated at all? Normally, AmEx is pretty quick with their response and update on the status site is always immediate when I call and they decline. 

AmEx.jpg

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx app STILL pending? Denial?

I would think the second app would be the one in pending status, possibly being flagged for fraud, which seems to be par the course for AMEX when you app for 2 revolvers close together
@Anonymous wrote:

So, I apped for the Starwood and Hilton Honors Surpass a few days ago. Both went on pending but 2 days later, I had 2 missed calls from AmEx. That same day, AmEx sent me an email that  the Hilton Honors was approved. This was about an hour after the missed calls. I kept checking the app status site for the Starwood and it remained pending. So, I finally called the following day and spoke to the CSR and was told that the Starwood has been denied. Normally, when that happens, the site app status site gets updated and will have a declined status on it. But not this time. I had 2 hard pulls from AmEx from EX, score is 726. I wonder if I should call again and follow up or site hasn't been updated at all? Normally, AmEx is pretty quick with their response and update on the status site is always immediate when I call and they decline.AmEx.jpg

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 42
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I think the second app goes automatically pending when you do them close together like that.

I imagine the app got held for fraud/verification and being a holiday weekend it hasn't been reviewed yet. You'll probably see a response Tuesday.

Message 3 of 42
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

They held an app from me for 14 days as pending.. then approved. I apped for 2 within 3 days..

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 42
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Typically when you app for 2 or more cards with Amex you will go pending on the additional cards until they verify you actually applied for them.  Typically there's a 5 day hold on multiple apps for fraud reasons until you contact them and verify that you actually applied for them.  

Message 5 of 42
kobe2012
Established Contributor

The amex that IIB (everyday) went one day pending then approved. You might have a shot. Good luck

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:
I would think the second app would be the one in pending status, possibly being flagged for fraud, which seems to be par the course for AMEX when you app for 2 revolvers close together

I thought it would be the 2nd one (Hilton Honors) will be put on hold. But I'll wait till after the holidays and call again and see. I didn't know they will flag them for possible fraud. Glad to know. Thanks. I guess that explains why I kept getting declined when I app w/ AmEx everyday a few months ago. I'm too ashamed too show my track records with them. I thought, 'let's see who wins". haha. I guess I sorta did because they finally started approving me. lol. Not a good strategy really but I'm too stubborn to give up then. 

Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will wait and try to call again. Even after one of the CSR has told me it has been declined?!?
Message 8 of 42
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

The CSR's don't always have all of the right information.  Best to talk to someone a little higher up the food chain.  

Here's the "new accounts" number which might be more helpful 800-535-7790  

Otherwise check the backdoor page http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Message 9 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great !!! Thanks for the link. I'll give them a call on Tuesday. Appreciate it.
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.