Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx app STILL pending? Denial?

Well, I thought I'd share my app track record with AmEx. Maybe this explains why I been through the Financial Review? Whew. That was stressful. Especially the wait. Anyone can cringe now. It all began in April. I have pretty much maxed out the allowed AmEx card person, 5. All I can say, THANK YOU, AMERICAN EXPRESS for putting up with me. 

AmEx3.jpg

AmEx1.jpg

AmEx2.jpg

Message 11 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got to be kidding me.
Message 12 of 42
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

FR my @$$!!!  Someone's got a app problem and needs some rehab!   Talk about tenacity and not giving up when someone says NO!

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. Just wanted to share. It's ridiculous, I know.
Message 14 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I was off the chain. The Financial Review gave me a little scare. I think I'm done with AmEx. For now. I'm sure my track record with Chase is a little less. I'm not apping anymore after this. Seriously. After what I've read about Chase closing some people's accounts, I don't want to piss them off. AmEx was very patient with me.
Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I thought I'd share my app track record with AmEx. Maybe this explains why I been through the Financial Review? Whew. That was stressful. Especially the wait. Anyone can cringe now. It all began in April. I have pretty much maxed out the allowed AmEx card person, 5. All I can say, THANK YOU, AMERICAN EXPRESS for putting up with me. 

AmEx3.jpg

AmEx1.jpg

AmEx2.jpg

So, after applying 15 times for the Platinum Card, on the 16th try, they approve you, if for no other reason, to stop you from applying for it!!!!

So, this begs the question... How many HP's did you rack up for all these?

Message 16 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, my stubbornness gets the best of me sometimes. That's exactly what went through my mind, if I keep on applying they'll get tired of me and just approve me to get me off their back. I'm sure that's not how it goes. Like Austinguy907, I need a rehab. I'm pretty sure I''ve got what I need. I just don't give up very easily. One thing for sure, AmEx approved me at 640 for my Delta Platinum and Delta Reserve. Denied me at 713. The approval for the Hilton Honors is a HP on EX with FICO score of 726.
AmEx pulls Experian. Have 49 HP on my EX at this time. I'm not a churner at all. Will keep these cards for the long haul. They should all drop off by 2018.
Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can honestly say I have never seen someone app that many times! Holy crap! I have 2 Amex and am perfectly happy at the moment, I know you say you're stubborn, but why such a strong need for the Platinum card? That's some crazy HP's!

Message 18 of 42
YellowBanana
New Contributor

GTC471 thank you for sharing that, I really appreciate it. I have been feeling so bad for app spree that I literally started crying because I thought I have seriously messed up with all these inquries but I see that your scores are still high even with the hard pulls, whew What is the age of your credit? 

I applied for two American Express Cards, just found I got approved for the second one. Mine had been stuck on "in progress" since 08/29 and I recieved the approved email this morning.

I applied for the Walmart card, go approved. 

and last buy not least my Second Navy Federal Card.

Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

AmEx3.jpg

AmEx1.jpg

AmEx2.jpg

Wow that's an insane amount of apps. Especially for one lender. And that lender being Amex. You should definitely lay low for a long time. Be careful and good luck in the future. 

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.