Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx app STILL pending? Denial?

@YellowBanana wrote:

GTC471 you did a great job rebuilding and yes that dooes make me feel better. It is good to know that scores will pick back up once my credit starts to age. 

Yes, my whole premise on this, I will get all the inquiries I can all at once, aim for the premium cards, and they will all drop off together at once. 2018, it'll be a very clean credit inquiry. Good luck to you. Work your pace on how you've plan your financial picture. We each have our own strategy toward one goal.

Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, just wanted to update everyone. I really don't give up easy. The SPG Starwood Preferred I applied for on 8/28 stayed pending. Called in and CSR said it has been declined but application status site was never updated like they always do. So, I applied again yesterday. Check the site couple hours ago and 2nd SPG app still "In Progress". Rechecked again a few mins ago, and finally got the APPROVED I wanted. With this, I have all the cards I want from American Express.

Funny how lenders do credit inquiry. Got 2 HP for the 8/28 and 8/30 apps. Just 2 days apart. Never bothered to HP for the 9/6 app. Smiley Happy

HP just showed up one day late on EX. Anyway, all is well. They'll all be gone by Sept 2018. Smiley Happy

Again, THANK YOU AMERICAN EXPRESS !!!! Smiley Wink  You really made my day.

AmEx_SPG.png

Message 32 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, just wanted to update everyone. I really don't give up easy. The SPG Starwood Preferred I applied for on 8/28 stayed pending. Called in and CSR said it has been declined but application status site was never updated like they always do. So, I applied again yesterday. Check the site couple hours ago and 2nd SPG app still "In Progress". Rechecked again a few mins ago, and finally got the APPROVED I wanted. With this, I have all the cards I want from American Express.

Funny how lenders do credit inquiry. Got 2 HP for the 8/28 and 8/30 apps. Just 2 days apart. Never bothered to HP for the 9/6 app. Smiley Happy

Again, THANK YOU AMERICAN EXPRESS !!!! Smiley Wink  You really made my day.

AmEx_SPG.png

Wow, talk about not taking no for an answer Smiley Frustrated

Anyways, congrats on your success! Maybe time to kep low for a little while? 

Good luck!Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 42
YellowBanana
New Contributor

Re: Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

How many AMEX cards do you have total now?

Your rebuild is just awesome! Congratulations!!

Message 34 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YellowBanana wrote:

How many AMEX cards do you have total now?

Your rebuild is just awesome! Congratulations!!

I know I've not followed the standards and regulations of practice in rebuilding credit history. I have a goal and my own ways on how to get there. I obviously do not recommend this to anyone. I've been able to make it work for me so far. I can say, I am done applying for anymore credit cards. Time to garden and let things mature slowly. My focus now is to keep building the TRUST these major lenders have so far shown to me and prove my credibility as a profitable customer.

A wrong decision & reckless behavior to lose that trust. Took me 10 years to gain it back, and maybe a lifetime to prove it.

I am glad to be back on my feet again. It's a big burden lifted off my back to get my finances back in order. Thanks to everyone on this forum. I've learned so much on here. Reading about everyone's success or failure has been a tremendous help in knowing I am not alone. You guys are an amazing group of people. Thank you again for having the patience to read, the nonjudgmental advice and constructive criticism.

@YelowBanana, there's light at the end of the tunnel. Learn, strategize, and do what works for you.

6 AmEx and 4 Chase cards, I'm all set. Smiley Happy

AmExCards.PNG

Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing gtc - this really resonates with me. I just finished a spree after getting a boost from having tax liens withdrawn. Before the liens went on, I still had various debts lingering from my previous marriage. I paid off what I could and watched my credit closet until recently when my score finally crawled back into the 700s.

Being with Amex again and seeing "Member since 05" every time I open the app is really great. And it's rally nice that I can finally ditch the crappy corporate credit card and rack up free travel with my own cards now.

Cheers to your long road to recovery!
Message 37 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Argh typos. Damn you AutoCorrect. :-|
Message 38 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

WoW! 6 AMEX! and I thought my 4 was one too many Smiley Happy Congratulations OP!!! Glad everything worked out for you... do you mind sharing your SL? I always wonder if limit decreases the more AMEX you have, seems to be the case with me Smiley Very Happy

Message 39 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're very low SL, $1K each. But that's ok. CLI will come in time. I'm just glad to be able to have them. I'm happy considering my length of history is 17 mos and AAoA is 6 mos. I don't plan to app on any cards anymore, so my inquiries will all go away by 2018.
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.