Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

I remember reading somewhere that around the 21st the SPG bonus is going back up to 35k.  So hopefully since you just applied, you might have a little luck in getting some courtesy points. Or app for the biz version!

Did the surpass card you applied for have 40k points?  Because it was just at 100k not long ago (not to rain on your parade just fyi).  And also the no AF hhonors card was just at 70k points, and I think after 6-12 months it gets an upgrade offer to the surpass for another 50k points.

But the surpass is great if you do frequent hilton properties as it earns more points now. So maybe for you it was better to apply now.

Don't forget to use your amex plat to get your SPG status upgraded to Gold if it isnt already or more.  And same with hhonors.  Ask for APR reductions every 60-90 days.

I also hope you got the 60k delta miles on your amex delta plat?  I made a big boo boo and only got 30k when I appd bc I didn't know about the higher signup offers.

When are you going to close your secured cards and credit one?  Your BOA's and disco should grow with time so I am glad to see those!

Message 41 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Edited: AmEx app STILL pending? APPROVED

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember reading somewhere that around the 21st the SPG bonus is going back up to 35k.  So hopefully since you just applied, you might have a little luck in getting some courtesy points. Or app for the biz version!

Did the surpass card you applied for have 40k points?  Because it was just at 100k not long ago (not to rain on your parade just fyi).  And also the no AF hhonors card was just at 70k points, and I think after 6-12 months it gets an upgrade offer to the surpass for another 50k points.

But the surpass is great if you do frequent hilton properties as it earns more points now. So maybe for you it was better to apply now.

Don't forget to use your amex plat to get your SPG status upgraded to Gold if it isnt already or more.  And same with hhonors.  Ask for APR reductions every 60-90 days.

I also hope you got the 60k delta miles on your amex delta plat?  I made a big boo boo and only got 30k when I appd bc I didn't know about the higher signup offers.

When are you going to close your secured cards and credit one?  Your BOA's and disco should grow with time so I am glad to see those!

Thanks. I am happy about the SPG approval as well. The one I apped for has 25K bonus. I haven't received my card yet, maybe I can ask them to match it when they release it next week. Hopefully. I've asked so much from AmEx already. I'm reading SPG points are very valauble and hard to earn. Glad I got it in finally. 

The Hilton HHonors Surpass actually came with 75K bonus. I heard it was at 100K at one point. Citi declined me for the Hilton Honors card. 

I have Gold status with Hilton and Starwood courtesy of the Platinum cards. I didn't realize they are only good for a year with the Hilton Surpass and SPG cards. Glad that the elite status will stay as long as you have the Platinum cards. 

I missed out on the 60K Delta SkyMiles Platinum. I just got the 35K and 5k Medallion miles. I didn't see those bonuses before. Well, that was before I realized bonuses existed.

My Wells Fargo Platinum secured has graduated. They'll send me the unsecured card by mid October. The BoA are both secured as well. I guess I'll just wait for it to graduate in a year maybe. The Discover will hopefully will grow more eventually. I'll give the credit one another year after the CLI's will start coming. I have  no plans to apply for anymore cards. Between the Ritz, Hilton Surpass, and SPG that I just got, that's 11K I have to spend for the bonus. The lineup I have is more than enough for me. 

Message 42 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.