Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan CLI Soft Pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elan CLI Soft Pull

Requested a CLI on my oldest credit card, somehow it was a card that I never requested a CLI on before. I heard conflicting reports on whether Elan was SP or HP, so I froze all of my bureaus and hit the CLI button last night. Instant approval doubling my CL from $2,300 --> $4,600.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Elan CLI Soft Pull

Congrats on your Elan SP CLI👍

Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done, grats on your move higher!

Message 3 of 10
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Congrats and thanks for the DP! I have my eye on their Max Cash Preferred card, and I really appreciate knowing they allow CLIs the way you did yours. 

Side note: Unless someone is truly fine with taking one or more HPs for a CLI request, it seems to me that freezing/locking all reports first, like you did, is the only way to go. 

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the DP! I have my eye on their Max Cash Preferred card, and I really appreciate knowing they allow CLIs the way you did yours. 

Side note: Unless someone is truly fine with taking one or more HPs for a CLI request, it seems to me that freezing/locking all reports first, like you did, is the only way to go. 

@Curious_George2 I am hoping to PC this card to a Max Cash once I have the limit higher. I have heard a PC to max cash is possible but takes some persistence.

I agree with your side note. Requested a CLI on my Barclays card and Citi Retail (Best Buy retail card) since they can either be soft or hard pulls. I didn't receive any notifications about Citi trying to pull credit, but Experian notified me right away about an attempt from Barclays to pull my credit.

As another aside, I hadn't used any of the online systems to freeze my credit report and was pleasantly surprised with how easy they were to set up and use. Less than 10 minutes and I had registered for accounts and froze my profiles for TU and EQ. I have EX's paid service and locked my report through that, so I can't speak to how easy their free service is to use. Planning to leave my bureaus frozen and just thaw them when needed since the process is so simple.

Message 5 of 10
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Some nice SP Elan action.

Congrats on the 2X CLI!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 6 of 10
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Elan CLI!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 10
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the Elan increase 🎉

Message 8 of 10
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Requested a CLI on my oldest credit card, somehow it was a card that I never requested a CLI on before. I heard conflicting reports on whether Elan was SP or HP, so I froze all of my bureaus and hit the CLI button last night. Instant approval doubling my CL from $2,300 --> $4,600.

Awesome, Congrats! I'm going to try this again on my Max Cash Preferred card once it hits 6 months. I tried at 3 mos, but they tried to HP me. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 9 of 10
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.