Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Financial Visa - very low limit

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Elan Financial Visa - very low limit

Congratulations on your Elan approval! I hope the recon goes well. 

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 16
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Update:  

After the second hard pull for the CLI request, they did end up approving me for the $5,000 credit limit that I asked for.  I guess I should have asked for more just to see if they'd do it!  

I asked another person in underwriting about why they had to do another hard pull just to manually review my credit limit when the first hard pull had just been a few days prior.  She confirmed that it was just their policy and that's what they had to do.  The first person I had talked to admitted that she was new, and I wondered if she had just not done the correct procedure (like maybe tried to fill out the same sort of CLI that I might have done on their website).  

I know that there's been other cards that I called to ask for more of a credit limit, and they didn't have to run my credit again to do it, so I guess that's just what Elan Financial decided to do.  YMMV.

Happy to have the $5,000 limit now.  At least I have a little room to do a balance transfer without maxing it out.  I wasn't even going to bother activating it for the $600 they initially gave.

Message 12 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@dlister70, Congrats on your successful recon to $5K 👍

Message 13 of 16
RedWolfFish77
Valued Member

Congrats on your approval, I got the BMW World Mastercard back in August with a starting limit of $500. A lot of members here say Elan is hard to get a CLI with, I haven't asked for one but when I've spoken on the phone with them, they've always been polite and helpful.

Message 14 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@dlister70 wrote:

Update:  

After the second hard pull for the CLI request, they did end up approving me for the $5,000 credit limit that I asked for.  I guess I should have asked for more just to see if they'd do it!  

I asked another person in underwriting about why they had to do another hard pull just to manually review my credit limit when the first hard pull had just been a few days prior.  She confirmed that it was just their policy and that's what they had to do.  The first person I had talked to admitted that she was new, and I wondered if she had just not done the correct procedure (like maybe tried to fill out the same sort of CLI that I might have done on their website).  

I know that there's been other cards that I called to ask for more of a credit limit, and they didn't have to run my credit again to do it, so I guess that's just what Elan Financial decided to do.  YMMV.

Happy to have the $5,000 limit now.  At least I have a little room to do a balance transfer without maxing it out.  I wasn't even going to bother activating it for the $600 they initially gave.

AWESOME FOR YOU!!! Glad that they seen better to 'provide' a more rreasonable card line than the meager one at first. In my book a 2nd HP like that one was worth the effort. Congratulations!!

Message 15 of 16
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on getting in with Elan @dlister70 !!

That's not nothing and your SL is just that a Starting Limit,

it will grow :-)

Good luck on the recon,

Cheers

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.