Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elan Max Cash Approval - Required 2 HP's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Elan Max Cash Approval - Required 2 HP's

Congratulations! I think us bank does the same when they want to recon the credit limit.

Message 11 of 16
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your Elan Max Cash approval! Glad the recon worked out even though it costed an extra hard pull.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (April 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 12 of 16
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval after the recon. I see that they pulled TU the 2nd time. Is there any slight variance between your EQ and TU or all of your current/past account history same on both? In my case, my EQ has additional closed loans reporting that EX and TU don't have thus giving me a lengthier AAoA. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $205, 500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 20.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 13 of 16
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@nytokyobred79  All information is identical on all 3 bureaus for me, including closed loans. Not sure why I have the variance between my scores. Different algoroithms used between the bureaus maybe? *shrug*

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 14 of 16
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Taurus22

One word "tenacity" great work. You pushed and landed where you wanted.

As to Elan/US Bank, I have wondered too as whether they are separate or together? Now that the subject came up I just called US Bank and asked? They said you could call the Elan number or the US Bank number and the Customer Service Representative could handle both types of accounts. Good to know! Thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

As an FYI a closely related topic has been discussed on the board before;  per US Bank the underwriting for both US Bank and Elan cards is performed by the same group. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Taurus22

One word "tenacity" great work. You pushed and landed where you wanted.

As to Elan/US Bank, I have wondered too as whether they are separate or together? Now that the subject came up I just called US Bank and asked? They said you could call the Elan number or the US Bank number and the Customer Service Representative could handle both types of accounts. Good to know! Thanks for the heads up Smiley Happy

As an FYI a closely related topic has been discussed on the board before;  per US Bank the underwriting for both US Bank and Elan cards is performed by the same group. 

This ^^^^^^^^^

@Anonymous,

Here is an older article filled with some insight about Elan & US Bank.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20111221005074/en/Elan-Financial-Services-Acquires-700-Million-in-Financial-Institution-Credit-Card-Portfolios

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.