Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of year app spree results

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: End of year app spree results

@Anonymous wrote:

You got approved for a Chase Sapphire Reserve with a starting limit of less than $10,000?  Also, what would be the basis for the disputes of inquiries from auto dealer(s)?

Congrats, I suppose.

I was thinking the same thing

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You got approved for a Chase Sapphire Reserve with a starting limit of less than $10,000?  Also, what would be the basis for the disputes of inquiries from auto dealer(s)?

Congrats, I suppose.

basic typo CSP, well they never told me I kept getting approved or had counter offers.  I only found out when I started receiving all the letters in the mail about, sorry you didnt accept our offer etc.  Which really ticks me off because I just wanted to buy it pay a month or 2 of whatver and have it financed with my local credit union.  As I was in another state and had been looking for the particular vehicle for 6 months.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, I suppose.

I was thinking the same thing

typo

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

But none of that is a basis for disputes although you can certainly try.  Whenever you go to a car dealership it must be understood that they are likely to shotgun your application out to several lenders in order to get the best rate (typically that means the one that gives the largest kickback to the F & I manager).  Its likely that you signed off agreeing for them to shop around for approvals.  It is always best to obtain your financing from a reliable third-party lender like a credit union before going to any dealer to avoid situations like this one.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

But none of that is a basis for disputes although you can certainly try.  Whenever you go to a car dealership it must be understood that they are likely to shotgun your application out to several lenders in order to get the best rate (typically that means the one that gives the largest kickback to the F & I manager).  Its likely that you signed off agreeing for them to shop around for approvals.  It is always best to obtain your financing from a reliable third-party lender like a credit union before going to any dealer to avoid situations like this one.

I mean that would be the case if i didnt explicity say do not shop around for my loan and let me know what the first offer is.  And right that down and sign it in the I approve you to get this amount paper.  Especially since they unknowingly asked one of my banks and they happened to tell me.  And why I just said I didnt care about the financing term I am going to my credit union Im out of state and this was a pleasant surprise.  

Message 15 of 22
DoctorManhattan
Frequent Contributor

Congrats 🍾
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!
Message 17 of 22
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, You did some serious Trigger Pulling
im surprised Chase did not panic..The Garden is your best friend right now lol

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 18 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to say disputing inquiries of auto dealers will be fruitless will come back factual and they will not be removed unless the dealers themselves or lenders they shot gunned your apps out to agree to recode them as SP's which is slim at most.  You signed something saying they had permission and I pretty much can gurantee the dealer has the copy of that.  As @Anonymous stated they were shopping around for best rate of you and also where they could get a few points of interest kick back as well for F&I...  Never do dealer financing unless captive and you know it will be a single pull and feel your credit is strong enough to merit it otherwise use a CU or whatever that way you control the process.

Grats on your other approvals though, but majority if not all those inquiries will remain...With that said they only impact your score for 1 year and remain approx 2 years on report...

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Sorry to say disputing inquiries of auto dealers will be fruitless will come back factual and they will not be removed unless the dealers themselves or lenders they shot gunned your apps out to agree to recode them as SP's which is slim at most.  You signed something saying they had permission and I pretty much can gurantee the dealer has the copy of that.  As @Anonymous stated they were shopping around for best rate of you and also where they could get a few points of interest kick back as well for F&I...  Never do dealer financing unless captive and you know it will be a single pull and feel your credit is strong enough to merit it otherwise use a CU or whatever that way you control the process.

Grats on your other approvals though, but majority if not all those inquiries will remain...With that said they only impact your score for 1 year and remain approx 2 years on report...

If I authorize something with another party and it is agreed upon by both parties it is then a legally binding contract, and I will not accept an old addnedum of well its a dealership they shotgun.  Its called protect yourself which I did when they will have to furnish my signature of come to me immediately after a approval to discuss.  So yes I have plenty of reason but ok thanks.  

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.